Chapter 10

Sonia frowned at the girl clad in blue bathing robe and white bunny slippers. She frowned back. Sonia stared at her for some ideas she repeated the same. What did one wear on the first day of a new college in a new country? Taking a deep breath, she turned her back to the girl in the mirror and marched to her closet pulling the doors wide open. Grabbing an army green blouse and green chinos, she put them on and examined herself in the mirror.

"Well, who would wear such a thing?" she questioned tilting her head to the side. She blew out a breath and marched back.

  Nearly twenty-five minutes later, she sat down heavily on the bed. Four times, she had changed and still the only clothes she had on were her undergarments.

Determined, she went to the closet and closed her eyes. Twirling a couple of times, she took out some clothes. Opening her eyes, a smile graced her lips at the choice of clothes in her hand. Satisfied, she began dressing.

  Ten minutes later, she shut the door of her neatly arranged closet and grabbed her backpack. She dashed out of the room only to barge in again to pluck her cap from the bed, and then ran out again.

  Sonia burst into the kitchen with a smile on her lips, "I am ready," she announced.

  Caroline smiled at her, approving her sky blue sweater and dark jeans, "Come, have your breakfast," she said lovingly.

  James came in just then and beamed at her, "What a pretty sight to see first thing in the morning," he said pinching her cheeks softly. He went over and kissed Caroline on her head and then going to the counter filled a cup of coffee for himself. Coming back to the table, he thumped Ian on his back, who grunted his good morning in response. "Let your hair loose, child," he advised Sonia, and then went back to fill a mug for her.

  "Oh," automatically, she pulled out the rubber band and ran her fingers through her hair. "Okay?" she asked when he returned with her mug. He gave her a nod smiling at her and sat down, engrossed in the paper.

   Sonia sat and picked up her mug. Her eyes went over to see Ian over the rim of the cup.

He looks, she thought, a little worn out. Just then he lifted his head and looked straight into her eyes. Before she could avert her eyes, he grinned at her. Totally baffled, Sonia could just stare at him.

   He felt her eyes watching him. When he looked up, he cannot help the grin that broke on his face. She looked like a schoolgirl. He knew she was edgy. The nerves she was trying to hide with her excitement were very much tangible.

  Glancing around, he watched his parents. His mother was busy with her electronic organiser, probably going through the list of inventories for her shop. His dad was immersed in the newspaper. Just as usual, he thought and plucked a piece of toast discreetly from his plate.

  Hearing Sonia's sharp intake of breath, he turned towards her and winked, smiling. However, that shut her up.

  Astound at his growingly weird behaviour, Sonia concentrated on her food. She broke a cookie in half. The warm scent drifted out, tempting a bite. But the ball of nerves in her stomach was too much annoying to let her eat anything. Instead, she pushed her plate in Ian's direction. When he looked at her confused, she gestured to the toast he had stolen and then jerked her head towards James' plate.

  Frowning at her, - but too happy to decline the offer, he put the toast back in his father's plate and accepted her cookies.

  "Thanks!" Ian said later as they walked out of the front door.

  "Welcome," she muttered as she tried to shrug on her jacket while trying to hold on her bag.

  As they reached the gate, Ian grasped her arm, saying, "Wait here", then he rushed back inside. Shrugging her shoulders at his retreating back, Sonia took out her cell phone and began texting her friend in India, whiling away the time.

  "Want a ride, sugar?" At Ian's cheerful voice a few moments later, she looked up and her mouth fell open.

  He was sitting on a Harley - Davidson. The bike along with the rider, who was wearing a rakish grin, atop it, was a scene any girl would drool over. But what made her speechless was the gorgeous bike.

  "Wow!" She managed to breath out a full ten seconds later. Then another "WOW!" this time her voice rising an octave.

  "It belongs to you?" she asked as she ran her hands over the headlights, handle and then over the backseat, almost worshipping it.

  "Nah," Ian watched her smile, a bit dazzled, "She's Dim's. It needed a bit tuning so he brought her here. This shed is a bit bigger and Dad had some tools he required," he finished off then frowned, "Are you just going to stand there or will you get moving?"

  "Oh!" She exclaimed as she hurriedly climbed up behind him. She looked behind her, confused when she couldn't find anything to hold on.

  "Better if you hold onto me, sugar," Ian said smiling as he saw her fumbling, "'coz
I'm going to take the longest route to Dim's,"

  Ian saw her shake her head through the side mirror as she placed her hands on his shoulders. He merely grinned at that. Flexing his wrist upwards, he sent the bike flying down the road. In a beat, Sonia's arms came around his waist. He zipped through the cars and other traffic like he was born riding the beast. Sonia kept her arms wrapped around him as if clinging for her dear life.

  Ian felt a moment of great triumph as she held on to him. However, the very next instance, he was stunned as a laugh broke out from her lips. He stiffened. Her mouth was so close to him, he was actually able to feel her laughter flowing over him.

  Then, she unwrapped her arms from around him and leaned a bit back. Ian could only imagine how she might have looked at the very moment - the air in her hair, face bright with her laughter and eyes twinkling with excitement- and longed for just a glimpse of her. He shook his head and smiled, knowing he had succeeded in reducing her nerves.

  Dim scowled as he saw Ian riding, no not riding, flying his bike. He was ready. Just as he opened his mouth to welcome the hellion with shower of curses, he saw Sonia and his mouth opened even more. Falling way down to his feet.

  Ian stopped the bike with a loud screeching brake, making Dim wince. But still, Dim didn't get a chance to speak as Sonia all but hopped down and clasped his hands in her's.

  "Dim, please, will you teach me how to ride that?" She pleaded, her voice breathless from all the adrenaline rushing through her.

  Dim just stared at her for a long moment, "You want to learn to ride a bike?" he asked, dumbfounded by her request.

  "Yes! Yes of course. Please, Dim please!" She pleaded with all her charm shining through her eyes, undoing Dim.

  "Okay," Dim heard himself say. He frowned at himself but it was too late. Sonia jumped up squealing in delight and hugged him with all her strength, then rushed off inside to obviously inform Gage.

  Dim was still staring in the direction of the house, when a chuckle behind him broke him from his trance.

  He turned around to Ian who was grinning like a fool.

  Ian's grin faltered a bit as Dim turned around. He knew what happened when Dim was angered. And by the look on his face, there was no doubt that Dim was raging.

  Ian gulped trying to keep grinning but it was nearly impossible as Dim took a step towards him, a low growl vibrating from him.

   Ian looked down at the keys in his hand. He had done the inevitable. But somehow, he was ready for what was to come.

    He looked up ready to face Dim's wrath upon him, clenching the keys tight in his hand, as he braced for the blow to come.      

                             *****
  Hey, guys! How's y'all doin'? What do you think? Will Dim beat Ian black and blue? Or will he let him go?

   Okay, so I joined this workout class. The trainer is so ruthless, my body aches like hell. And just when the pain was dying, she said to do abs. God!! My poor body.

  But aside from the pain, it's actually fun. I am functioning on just a few hours of sleep and 'am feeling like a zombie right now.

  Anyways, you guys comment and let me know what you guys think about it. And if you like the chapter, please please please, vote and share.

Love ya all♡♥♡
Till we meet again:)