『 nineteen: TEN TIMES TERRIBLE. 』

『 chapter xix: TEN TIMES TERRIBLE

chapter xix: TEN TIMES TERRIBLE. 』

JUNE WAS HAVING SUCH A GOOD TIME, AND usually when she was having a good time, it meant she lost all her damn sense

JUNE WAS HAVING SUCH A GOOD TIME, AND usually when she was having a good time, it meant she lost all her damn sense. Like, really bad. June felt like the kid she should've been, the kid that despite having a death row sentence, lived and loved. Except of course, to an extent. But as previously mentioned, June lost all her sense when it came to having a good time and whilst splashing Jacob and Seth with water, and writing her name with Lyanna and Star in the sand before Leah came and stomped around with a wicked giggle, she didn't really register the fact that things were sorta perfect. June maybe knew what the hype of going out and hanging with friends was now — instead of working till she died and cheering like some peppy princess that she wasn't. This, the beach and the minimal sun, was living. Her heart ached to know it could be swept up from her soon. The mantra rand in her mind. Soon, soon, soon, soon—

"Hey, kiddies!" Leah announced her superiority with her words as she moved through the waves. She yelled, "Anyone up for some cliff diving?"

"Are you crazy?" Seth screeched, swimming over to his sister, muttering something how their parents would kill them if they died jumping off of the cliffs.

Star snickered, "She is. But I'm down."

June looked to Lyanna to see what she would say, Jacob as well as they all looked at each other hesitantly. In her defense, she was gonna die, but she didn't want it to be as anticlimactic as dying from cliff diving. She had suggested it to Jacob prior, when she spewed things to do. June's eyes trailed up the giant rocks in the distance that they'd be jumping from — maybe Bella should've come, the adrenaline might've surely enabled her to see Edward, so she claims.

"Come on!" Leah grinned at them, insisting. "It's not nearly as bad as it looks, I've done it before, tons of times."

June's voice sounds croaky when she says to Jacob and Lyanna, "I'll go if you guys go."

She watched as Lyanna and Jacob shared a look, June's dread rising as they smiled. She knew they weren't gonna let this opportunity pass them, both still fuzzy from the effects of losing Embry Call as their friend. They were reckless, maybe more so than the willing to die June. Lyanna let out a infectious laugh as she ran over to Leah. June's mind was distracted by Jacobs hand intertwining with hers, the boy giving her a small squeeze of reassurance. June swallows thickly as they went to shore and gathered their belongings in their respective vehicles, readying themselves for the trek up the cliffs. The walk was mainly quiet, except that Seth didn't stop blabbing away to Leah about how he had convinced Harry to let them get a dog but June was too preoccupied by never letting go of Jacob's hand, her other hand holding onto his bicep.