History Repeating

Chapter 08; History Repeating

-

Lia Schultz, Caroline Forbes and Elena Gilbert were walking together outside, heading towards the entrance of their school as tens of students surrounded them, trying to make the most of their social hour before the school day started.

"Have you even talked to Bonnie?" Elena asked the only blonde of the three a simple question, which resulted with her expressing how angry she still was with the Bennett girl.

"No, I'm mad at her. She needs to make the first move." Caroline refused to have a civil conversation with Bonnie until she realized that she was the one that was wrong, and that Caroline was right (even though the situation was most likely flipped and Caroline was just being overdramatic).

"Care, maybe you should try being the bigger person." Lia suggested, eyeing Elena as they both hoped that the Sheriff's daughter would take their advice and be the one to start a conversation with the girl she was currently feuding with.

"Impossible in her presence." Caroline disregarded Lia's idea. She clearly wasn't going to give up her pride and was going to force Bonnie to be the one to go to her, which was a little unlikely.

"Why are you so pissed at her anyway?" Elena asked the question that both her and Lia had been wondering ever since they found out about their fight.

"She's a thief, that's why. I gave her my necklace, and she refuses to give it back. It's a matter of principle." Caroline explained to the two of them as if it was the most important issue of her life at the moment.

"And on that note, I am officially out of it." Lia responded to her friend as Elena nodded along with her, letting Caroline know that she wasn't taking part in it anymore either.

"Good. Your turn. Where's Stefan? Have you talked to him?" Caroline looked over at the second tallest girl in the group, curious about what was going on with her relationship.

"He's avoiding me." Elena slid her hands into her pockets awkwardly as the words left her mouth. You could tell that she was begging the universe that Caroline wouldn't question why.

"Why?" Caroline was so utterly confused as to how Stefan could go from being so into Elena one second and then refusing to see her the next.

Elena hesitated for a split second, not sure how to answer her question. "It's complicated..."

The school bell rang and the girls parted ways. As Lia made her way over to the door, she saw Matt Donovan walking in her direction. "Hey."

"Hi." She responded as he walked right past her. She stopped and turned around, watching as he walked away. She couldn't help but smile a bit at the sight of him. And she didn't know why. They had only hung out about twice. It wasn't like she was head over heels in love with him. He was just a genuinely nice and normal guy, and she liked that.