The Birthday

Chapter 33: The Birthday

-

They say the summertime is always the best of what might be. It is supposed to be filled with freedom, and in your teenage years, is known for being one of the happiest times of your life. But so far, the summer breeze that filled the air had only brought Amalia Schultz suffering. She felt trapped in her own body. And she was.

As she sat in the car Niklaus Mikaelson had compelled himself, she tried to drown out the screams that came from the house she was parked outside of. The screams she knew were from girls that were having their heads torn off by none other than Klaus Mikaelson and Stefan Salvatore.

The sound was painful for Lia to hear, causing her stomach to hurt. She brought her hands to her abdomen and clenched it as her eyes stayed glued shut, trying to distract herself from having to endure the painful noise any longer.

"Don't pout, love. We're only having fun." Klaus opened the door to the driver' seat and got inside of the car, looking back at the girl. The second his dark blue eyes met her hazel ones, a smile appeared on his face.

"Oh, yes, because I am having the time of my life." She crossed her arms over her chest and leaned back in the seat, trying her best to avoid having yet another conversation with her kidnapper.

As a chuckle left his mouth, she looked outside of the car window to see Stefan walking out of the house with blood pouring out of his mouth. She quickly winced at the sight before looking back over at Klaus, who was still gazing at her. "Could you be any more creepy?"

"Could you be any more beautiful?" He responded with a smirk, causing her to roll her eyes at him, accompanied with an annoyed groan.

✰✰✰

"What are we doing here?" Amalia questioned as the three of them entered a bar in the middle of Memphis, Tennessee. Klaus had yet to fill Amalia in on much, but had kept Stefan informed on every little detail they came across, which Amalia was used to, but tired of at that point.

"You'll find out soon enough, love." Klaus answered, though it wasn't much of an answer. "Now, you see that gentleman over there? You know, the one with the horrid plaid shirt?"

"What about him?" Amalia looked over at Klaus, unsure of what he wanted her to do.

"Why don't you and him go have a little chat?" Klaus suggested, lightly pushing her in the direction of the man, and encouraging her to distract him for the time being.

She did just as told, per usual, and walked over to the bar area, taking a seat right next to him. For the entirety of the summer, Klaus had used her for that exact reason. Whether it was distracting someone or, at times, forcing her to put her abilities to good use, he hadn't let her go on without taking advantage of all he could do with her.