Dangerous Liaisons

Chapter 41: Dangerous Liaisons

-

Amalia, Damon, Elena, and Stefan all stood together in the kitchen of the Gilbert residence after all of them being called for a little assembly to discuss their current dilemma with the Mikaelson family.

"It was their mother, Esther, who was sealed in that coffin." Elena informed the group of what she had learned after having a small run-in with Rebekah and Elijah.

"As in the original witch?" Stefan questioned, using what he had gathered throughout his own time spent with the Original family.

"What? How is she even alive? Thought her hybrid freak show of a son ripped her heart out a thousand years ago." Damon was confused how she had managed to return to the land of the living after hearing the tale of Klaus killing her himself, resulting in what seemed to be a major family scene.

"I don't know. I'm guessing she has a couple connections in the witching community. Elijah said that she wants to live in peace with her family, including Klaus." Elena emphasized on the last part of her sentence, making it very clear that the Mikaelson's were all now on civil terms with each other.

"Well, there goes our weapon." Amalia stated, throwing their idea to use Esther to help them get rid of Klaus once and for all out the window.

"That coffin was the only thing stopping Klaus from tearing us to shreds." Stefan added, worried of what Klaus might do to them now that there wasn't a thing holding him back.

"Anyone else feeling a little used right now?" Damon asked, earning a nod of agreement from Amalia.

"Look, Elijah promised me that his family wouldn't hurt any of us." Elena pointed out as the doorbell to her home rang. "I believe him."

The rest of them followed Elena over to the door, watching as she picked something up from off her porch. "What is it?"

"It's an invitation. Please join the Mikaelson Family, this evening at seven o'clock. For dancing, cocktails and celebration." Elena read the card aloud to them, causing Amalia to scoff.

"Who the hell are the Mikaelsons?" Stefan clearly wasn't as informed as the rest of them.

"The Original family. Where have you been?" Amalia asked, wondering how it was he hadn't yet received word of their actual last name. Especially since they had already dealt with the whole Mikael situation. It was simple, really. All you had to do is put two and two together.

"It's not bad enough they're moving into town, now they want a housewarming gift?" Damon was vocal enough for all of them combined, not acting too shy about his disinterest in attending the ball.