Let The Right One In

Chapter 13: Let The Right One In

-

Lia woke up in a house that she didn't recognize, beside Stefan Salvatore who was tied up and hanging from the ceiling. She looked around at her surroundings, still completely confused as to how she had gotten there.

Stefan groaned and Lia looked over at him, noticing that he was in a lot of pain. He glanced over in her direction, realizing that she was there with him. Once he saw her tied up against the chair, he tried to fight his way out of the trap so she could escape, even if he wasn't able to.

"Where are we?" Lia's voice was at a whisper volume, knowing that if she made enough noise it would only draw attention to them.

"Shh. I'm listening." Stefan whispered back, letting her know not to say anything more so he could hear clearly and try to figure that out for himself. "Damn it."

"What?" She asked him. She was at a bit of a disadvantage because when it came to what was going on, he was her only source of knowing anything.

"They turned on the water." Stefan informed her of what the tomb vampires' latest move had been. "They know."

Just as Lia was getting ready to respond, the door flew open and one of the vampires walked through it, entering the room. He looked more than happy to see that both of them were in there, struggling to break free from the knots (or in Stefan's case, chains) they had put them in.

"Well, well. Stefan Salvatore, right before my eyes." An animated expression crossed his face as a smile lit it up, adding effect to just how much enjoyed seeing both of them

"What do you want?" Stefan grunted as the man lifted a piece of vervain to his skin, burning him with the plant. He knew that it would be much easier to get to Stefan than it would be to get to Lia, plus, there was the fact that none of them were sure about why the needed Lia besides for one thing.

"Revenge." Frederick answered simply as two other men entered the room, preparing to do whatever it was they needed to do to assist their fellow friend.

"Why is she here?" Stefan breathed out as soon as they removed the vervain from his skin. He could see why they would be using Stefan for revenge, but to capture Lia as well seemed a little too far. Especially since she wouldn't be that useful to them in the end.

"Lydia wants her." One of the other vampires spoke up, answering Stefan's question before anyone else got the chance. Lia looked over at Stefan and watched as his face fell from the name they had brought up-- It was a name Lia had never heard before, so she wasn't sure why it was affecting the Salvatore in the way that it was.