Bad Moon Rising

Chapter 19: Bad Moon Rising

-

"Thanks for coming, Ric." Damon greeted Alaric as soon as he walked through the front door of the Salvatore Boarding House. "Can I get you something to drink? Coffee, bourbon? Bourbon in your coffee?"

"I could use some bourbon." Amalia commented, earning a glare from the oldest Salvatore.

"Underage." Lydia reminded her of her age and the law that prohibited her from being able to legally drink alcohol.

"Sorry, didn't realize I was in the presence of the vampire police." Amalia shot back.

"We were hoping you could help shed some light on the Lockwood family." Stefan brought them back on track, getting straight to the point of the conversation.

"Now, why would I know anything about the Lockwoods?" Alaric asked.

"Well, you wouldn't. But your dead, not-dead vampire wife might." Damon reminded him of Isobel Fleming's research.

"You said that she had spent years researching this town." Stefan pointed out, hoping Alaric would be able to know anything.

"Isobel's research here in Mystic Falls rooted in folklores and legends, but at the time, I thought much of which was fiction."  Alaric informed them of what he knew about what her research consisted of.

"Like that amazing vampire story." Damon remembered back to the vampire story Alaric had found and used to start killing vampires.

"Okay, well, Tyler clearly isn't a vampire." Amalia pointed out the obvious. "So what else could he be?"

"A lycanthrope." Alaric pointed out, but most of them didn't follow.

"Wait, like werewolves?" Besides Elena, of course.

"No way— impossible— way too Lon Chaney." Damon refused to believe that the Lockwood family could be werewolves.

"Is it?" Lydia asked him without giving more detail, but hinting that she may have known something.

"I've been on this planet one hundred and sixty some odd years, never came across one. If werewolves exist, where the hell are they?" Damon asked, pointing out that he had never come across one nor heard of one existing.

"Well, I've been on this planet for a hell of a lot longer than that, and even I've heard stories." Lydia admitted, bringing all of the attention on her. "None of which including werewolves as something any of us want to deal with."