The Turning Point

Chapter 09; The Turning Point

-

"There is no way in hell that you could possibly think Family Guy is more entertaining than The Office." Amalia and Matt walked into Mystic Falls High as they discussed what the two had watched together the night before. He had forced her to watch a couple episodes of shows of his choosing, and so they had watched Family Guy. "The Office is a classic. It will forever remain the absolute best comedy on television."

"That is an opinion we don't share." Matt shook his head, refusing to agree with her about how good The Office was compared to any other show.

"Oh, come on. Tell me right now that watching Michael Scott be a complete idiot for 30 minutes doesn't make you laugh really hard, and this conversation will be over." Lia stopped the two of them so that she could hear the words come out of his mouth.

"Fine. It's funny." Matt finally gave in, bringing a smile to her face.

"Thank you." She felt so satisfied that she had finally gotten him to admit it. "Okay, so I sat through Family Guy last night. Therefore, you owe me."

"Let me guess- I should prepare to watch Grey's Anatomy because of your insane obsession with it." Matt decided to assume what show the two would be watching together that night, causing her to laugh.

"I am so not obsessed." She denied the fact that she was in love with the medical tv show, though she knew that she absolutely was. "And have I mentioned that you know me so well?"

"Once or twice..." He responded to her as the two continued to walk, making their way towards another hallway in the high school.

✰✰✰

Amalia stood in front of the photography booth at the career fair, staring at all the photos as a smile crossed her face. Every once in a while her eyes would find one of her own photos that the school had asked to borrow for the event.

"Did you take that one?" A voice said from behind her. It was obviously the voice of a man, but it wasn't Matt. Her head slightly turned to see Stefan Salvatore standing there, much to her surprise. Ever since he had made the revelation to steer clear of her, the two of them hadn't said a word to one another, not even when they made eye contact in public.

"Yep." Lia nodded awkwardly, confirming his suspicion. Her gaze left the photograph for a split second and landed on him. "Elena said that you were leaving town."

"I was-- I am." Stefan then lowered his voice to a whisper. His eyes stayed locked on hers as he spoke, as the situation was serious. "There's another vampire in town. And until we figure out who that is, Damon and I have to stay here."

"Yeah, well, it's probably Damon trying to manipulate you so that you both stay here longer." Amalia continued to walk along, glancing at all of the different tables as she did so.