The End of the Affair

Chapter 35: The End of the Affair

-

As they had arrived at their next destination, both Amalia and Stefan had both completely given up on all hope that they would ever escape Klaus Mikaelson. He had taken them captive for not only the summer, but what felt like the rest of their lives. Whether it was immortal, in the case of Stefan Salvatore, or limited, in the case of Amalia Schultz.

Klaus pulled up to a warehouse that neither of them recognized. He hadn't yet informed them of where they were going or what they were doing there, but they continued to open their individual car doors and jump out of the vehicle to see where their next mission had taken them.

"Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan."

"What are we doing here?" Amalia asked, her eyes glancing around every part of the area. It was a bit sketchy for her liking, but she chose to refrain from complaining and follow him instead, leaving her with no choice but to trust him.

"I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days?" Klaus looked over at Stefan, eager to hear more details of the time Stefan spent in the city of Chicago.

"Blacked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur." Stefan seemed confused for a minute, wondering how Klaus knew all about him going a bit off the rails in Chicago. But as he had been proven time and time again, his not-so-proudest moments had been told as stories throughout the vampire community, so he came to the conclusion that it was just another legend Klaus had caught wind of.

"Well, that is a crying shame. The details are what make it legend." Klaus smirked as if remembering it himself. "Word was the ripper of Monterrey got lonely, so he escaped to the city for comfort. It was prohibition. Everything was off limits then, which made everything so much fun. Chicago was magical."

"Yeah, well, I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I don't remember most of it." Stefan reminded him of his lack of memories, finding no point in reminiscing on something he wouldn't remember.

"Let's get down to business, then?" Klaus shut the door, turning back to face Stefan.

"Why am I still with you? We had our fun, your hybrids failed. I mean, don't you want to move on?" Stefan pressed for an opportunity where he wouldn't have to see Klaus' face at a constant rate each and every day, earning a nod of agreement from Amalia.

"We're going to see my favorite witch. If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her." Klaus walked past the two of them and over to the drivers seat of the car, which luckily, one of his many minions had been holding open for him.