Disturbing Behavior

Chapter 36: Disturbing Behavior

-

Let's just say... the 1920's were nothing like the 2010's. And that was just about hitting Rebekah Mikaelson like a truck. Everything she knew nine decades before was gone. Times had changed, everything had changed. Which, to put it simply, resulted in a mini meltdown by the newest (that they knew of) member of the Mikaelson clan.

"There has to be more to this dress." Rebekah exited the dressing room, showing off a black dress that was a little too revealing for her taste.

"There's not." Klaus responded as she looked down at herself, disgusted by the length of her outfit.

"So women in the 21st century dress like prostitutes, then. You know, I got dirty looks for wearing trousers." She recalled a time where she was scolded for wearing pants, seeing as back then, women were expected to wear something that at the time was considered a bit more 'feminine'.

"You wore trousers so women today could wear nothing." Klaus retorted, only making matters worse.

"And what is this music? It sounds like a cable car accident." She had yet another complaint, only this time it had to do with what was playing in of the store, rather than what was sold inside of it.

"That would be dance music." Amalia answered, rolling her eyes at how lost Rebekah was on the 21st century.

"People dance to this?" Rebekah was shocked that anyone would find the 'music' she was hearing somewhat enjoyable.

"And like it." Amalia widened her eyes, pretending to be shocked as well.

"Are we done?" Klaus was eager to leave, expecting for Rebekah to pick out a dress or two and get the hell out of there so they could deal with more important matters.

"And why are you so grumpy?" Rebekah looked over at her brother, calling him out for his little mood swing.

"I needed one thing from you for my witch to find out why my hybrids are dying. One thing. Your necklace. And you lost it." It didn't take long for the siblings to get into a slight argument, as expected.

"I didn't lose it. It's just been missing for ninety years." Rebekah came up with an excuse for her lost necklace, causing Stefan and Amalia to exchange a glance in each other's direction. Though Rebekah was quick to steal his attention away, directing her question at him. "So what do you think?"

"I like it." Stefan answered, but she didn't appear as happy with his answer as they all thought she would have been. "What? I said I like it."