Fool Me Once

Chapter 11: Fool Me Once

-

Amalia walked into the Salvatore boarding house after receiving a thousand missed phone calls and voicemails from Stefan Salvatore, explaining that Elena was missing. She didn't even bother knocking because she knew that it wasn't locked.

"What do you mean she's gone?" Amalia asked the second that she walked through the front door. She watched as Stefan and Damon both turned their heads to look at her.

"You called Lia?" Damon looked at his younger brother before looking back over at the short brunette. "What is she going to do? Punch the big bad vampires with her tiny little fists?"

"First of all, rude. Second of all, just because I have tiny fists doesn't mean I can't use them, which you might want to keep in mind. And third of all, thank you for the warm welcome." Lia smiled at Damon sweetly before looking over at Stefan. "How did you know that she didn't just... Yeah, never mind. The Anna kidnapping her theory makes a lot more sense."

Damon stood up, ignoring Lia's comments, and looked his brother directly in the eyes. "I mean this sincerely... I hope Elena dies."

Damon walked right past Lia and out of the room, so the brunette walked over to the Salvatore brother that she actually liked. "Woah, what was that about?"

"Payback for Katherine." Stefan answered with as few words as possible.

"Right. Elena's psychotic bitch of a lookalike from 18-whatever." Stefan's facial expression changed as he had no idea that Lia knew about who Katherine was. "I know. You must be shocked that Elena, my best friend, tells me things like that. Anyways, do you even have a plan to get her back?"

"I don't even know where she is." Stefan ran his hands through his hair and Lia took a seat on the couch, letting out a sigh as she did so.

"I might know someone that we can call to help us figure that out." Lia responded, hoping to relieve the massive amount of stress Stefan had created for himself over his girlfriend.

"And who would that someone be?" Stefan questioned Lia, unsure if he could trust whomever she was planning on calling.

"Bonnie. Look, there has to be something Bonnie can do with her Sabrina-type powers that can help us find out where Elena is." Lia suggested and Stefan's face lit up.

"I knew that there was a reason I called you." Stefan smiled at her and she smiled back.

✰✰✰

Stefan and Lia were sitting in the Salvatore living room, attempting to formulate a plan as Lia sat on the couch and Stefan paced around the room.

"Stop. You're just stressing me out with your pacing and I won't be able to help you figure out how to get your girlfriend back if I'm stressed." Lia told Stefan as she watched him stop his pacing and look over at her.