The Last Dance

Chapter 28: The Last Dance

-

"So they just gave their house to you?" Amalia asked her friend as she watched her best friend sign the papers that would give her the right to the house that was formerly known as the Salvatore's. "As in, full out Salvatore turned Gilbert Boarding House?"

"For now. As sole owner, I'm the only one who can invite a certain type of person in here, if you know what I mean." Elena had to refrain from using the word vampire due to the unwanted presence of the lawyer that stood only a few feet away from them.

"Ah." Amalia understood instantly, though she was confused why they hadn't offered her her own safe house as well. I mean, she was partially in danger as well— Klaus being her so-called 'soulmate' and all that jazz. "So what you're saying is you have the power to not let them in."

Elena looked at her, not finding her attempt at humor nearly as funny as she did. "We're inviting them in."

"Boo." Amalia was unsatisfied with her friend's response as the two of them got up from the sofa, following the lawyer out of the house.

"Thank you, Mr. Henry." Elena was grateful that he took the time to come to her new house to assist them in having her sign the ownership for the household. "I'm sorry. I completely forgot. Stefan, would you like to come inside my house?"

"I would love to. Thank you." Stefan responded with a grin, taking a step forward into the residence.

"What are we, twelve?" Damon looked over at Amalia once he noticed the giggle escaping her lips as she pointed at him, teasing him for not being able to come inside as well.

"One of us is. If I let you in, do you promise to obey the owner of this house?" Elena bargained with him, much to his dismay.

"No." Damon refused seriously, sending a glare in her direction from her constant need to control him.

"Seriously, Damon. My way. You promised. I call the shots. No lies, no secret agendas. Remember?" Elena wasn't backing down from her request, not that anyone expected her to.

"Yes, Elena. Sure." Damon rolled his eyes, agreeing to her ridiculous terms.

"Then please, come in." She invited him inside the house, stepping out of the way so he could enter.

As soon as he stepped foot inside the house, he looked at Stefan, taking notice of the entertained look playing on his face. "Shut up."