The Sun Also Rises

Chapter 31: The Sun Also Rises

-

"The sacrifice is completed in stages as the full moon sets. First the werewolf is killed, then the vampire. Finally the doppelgänger. Once Elena dies, the curse will be broken. Klaus will become hybrid." Elijah explained about the phases of the sacrifice to Stefan, Alaric, and Amalia as they all walked towards the old witch house together.

"So when do we attack?" Alaric asked the most
important question regarding their plan once Klaus was in his weakest state of the sacrifice.

"Elena's death will activate his dormant werewolf side. He'll be vulnerable during the transformation. That's when Bonnie comes in." Elijah answered.

"Look, Elijah... I want to trust you." Amalia started, worried about the outcome of the Bennett witch.

"If she can deliver him to the brink of death, I'll finish the job myself." He knew exactly what Amalia was getting at, assuring Amalia Bonnie would be fine.

✰✰✰

After learning that Klaus had taken Jenna and was planning on using her as his vampire for the sacrifice, it left the group near speechless. "Why did he take Jenna?"

"A punishment for meddling." That was the only reason Elijah was able to muster up and they all had to admit that it did make sense. After all, Klaus had warned them not to do anything they might regret. Which Damon did.

"Klaus was going to use Tyler and Caroline, but Damon rescued them." Stefan explained to Bonnie, who was a bit out of the loop. As was Amalia.

"I don't understand." Amalia shook her head, looking up at Elijah. "If he has everything he needs, why does he have Lydia?"

"Revenge." Elijah answered simply. "He doesn't want to use her as part of the sacrifice. He wants her to suffer before he fulfills his promise."

"We need to go. Now. Before Jenna's been sacrificed. I can kill Klaus myself." Bonnie was willing to take Klaus down sooner than any of them thought if it meant saving one of the only family members Elena Gilbert had left.

"Bonnie...If you use that much power, you'll be dead. We've already been through this. It's not an option." Stefan refused to allow her to kill herself, knowing how it would affect his girlfriend.

"Neither is letting Jenna die." Bonnie was willing to take a risk as long as Jenna was safe.

"Oh, my god." Amalia breathed out as soon as she looked at Stefan, remembering the options they had thrown out earlier.