The Last Day

Chapter 30: The Last Day

-

"Tonight is the full moon. We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse." Elijah warned Stefan, Elena, Lydia, and Amalia as they all sat in the living room of the Salvatore Boarding House, preparing for what was to happen in the next 24 hours.

"Elena said that the Sun and the Moon curse is fake? That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus." Stefan was eager to hear more about the curse that Klaus was under and why there was a curse designated for him.

"Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it... He'll be a true hybrid." Elijah informed them of what happened to be their worst nightmare. Not only a werewolf, but someone who possessed the qualities of a vampire and a werewolf combined.

Damon walked into the room, joining them. "Then why are we letting him break the curse? We can kill him today. With Bonnie."

"Damon..." Lydia warned him not to say more. She had only had approximately one conversation with the Bennett witch, but she knew enough to know that her death was not an option.

"If Bonnie uses that much power again, she'll die. I'm not letting that happen, Damon." Amalia refused to follow along with his plan, the rest of the group agreeing with her.

"I'll write her a great eulogy." Damon offered, continuing to go along with the idea of risking Bonnie Bennett's life in order to save Elena's.

"It's not an option, Damon." Elena shook her head.

"To return the conversation to more urgent matters, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know." , "The moonstone." , "A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each."

"And where do I fit into it?" Elena asked, confused why he needed her if he had already listed the ingredients that were needed.

"The final part of the ritual." Elijah walked over to a shelf and grabbed a wooden box, pulling it down and opening it up. "Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgänger...to the point of your death."

"And that's where you come in." Elena watched as he pulled a jar out from the box, showing it to her.

"This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation." He explained what the jar was filled with.