Chapter 30

Nami's POV
We were both having our huge bowls of hot noodle soup. I was still really overwhelmed and wasn't talking to Yoongi. I was poking at the mushroom in my bowl with my chopsticks, when suddenly, Suga grabbed my hand and looked at me deeply. I could see concern in his eyes, which actually scared me quite a bit. I stared back at him.
"Yah, Min Yoongi, is everything ok?" I said.
"Nami. We haven't been to the doctor in such a long time. Your baby bump is now very clear, we should've been visiting regularly. Aish, how irresponsible of me," he buried his fingers into his blue locks, looking worried as anything.
I just stared at him. Part because of how stupid I felt, and part because of what I realized. I was a terrible mother: I wasn't the slightest bit concerned about my own baby's health. And this guy, he cared about my baby more than I did.
And in that instant I saw everything. I saw him coming back from work, I saw him lifting up the giggling little bundle of joy in her arms and swinging it around. I could see him driving a small kid to school. I could see us both, swinging the smiling little one between us as we walked through the mall. I saw his mile wide smile and watery eyes when holding the little sleeping angel, I saw us sharing jokes and taking out a young teenager to meet his friends. I saw what I wish I had seen a year and a half ago: I saw love. I felt love. I felt my mind finally agree with my heart. It felt safe to love him. It felt right.
"Hey. You okay?" He said.
I broke out of my thoughts, and merely smiled. I could feel my cheeks heat up slightly. Nothing had ever felt so right. And I hoped and prayed, with all my heart, that it stayed that way.

Suga's POV
I took out the car and was waiting for Nami to come down. She'd asked me if we could go to the doctor to get the baby checked.
She came down to the garage, and I instantly smiled. She was wearing the brown "Town" T-shirt I had bought her.
Earlier today, she zoned out. And ever since she's been... different. The edges of her lips are always slightly curved up a bit. She seems to be always thinking happy thoughts. She was like a quiet, shy teenaged girl in love.
Which was dangerous for me.
It was dangerous because she was giving off vibes which lifted my hopes up. Which made me weave dreams and wishes. And the day I find out I'm not the one, that she's chosen someone else again, is the day I've relive an amplified version of heartbreak. And I don't want to go through all that again.
I texted Hobi and Joon that we're off to the hospital.
I need to control my feelings. I can't let them rise too high. I really can't go through that again. I won't be able to take all that again.

Nami's POV
I was quite freaked out by the first words of our doctor. We entered the room when the doctor suddenly yelled "HYUNG" and some undistinguishable words. Then, he jumped onto Yoongi and was evidently suffocating him to death. I was horrified, and rushed to call the hospital attendants to pry Yoongi away from the crazy doctor. When I came back into the room, everything was normal. They were sitting across from each other like a normal doctor and patient would. The attendants looked at me, gave a smile of pity and left the room without a word.
"YAH! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!" The doctor yelled at me.
I jumped at the suddenness. "Um, I-I'm s-sorry I'll j-just..." I stuttered as I attempted to slip out through the door to escape the wrath of this psycho doctor. It was hard due to the baby bump, and the mad dude made it worst by throwing a huge axx pink unicorn toy (don't ask where it came from) at the door, closing it.
"YAH! WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING! SIT BACK DOWN HERE!" He roared. I did so without any objections.
Suddenly, Yoongi spoke. Oh right, he's still here... "Yah, Kim Taehyung, we get it. You're happy to see us. You can stop now."

The doctor replied with a rectangular smile and said with extreme excitement, "ANNYEONG, NOONA! I'M KIM TAEHYUNG! REMEMBER ME? "

Of course. Who else could be that crazy but Kim Taehyung.

After around four hours of serious checks and tests (all throughout which Yoongi was sweating and tensed), Taehyung finally called us in to hand in our reports.
"Well, truth is... Your baby is one of the healthiest I've ever seen," said Taehyung. Yoongi gave a huge gummy smile, a relief from the stress he was through.
"Shim Nami, someone's been taking care of you very well."

More than anyone else ever has...