CF 48

Shinichi is with his classmate he say, so he may not be able to come back here.

That's what Kaito said to them back in the hospital, to Shiho. Knowing that, she was kinda worried for some reason and relief because Shinichi encountered one of his old friends.

Was she worried about his memory coming back? Wasnt she the one who was the most excited to Shinichi to recover his memory? Yet, even though she got this urge to make him remember his old self, she cant help it but to be worried.

What if he realized that he loves Ran more than her? No. She should stop thinking about it. She should and will trust Shinichi.

"You okay there?" Kaito asked, snaking his arm around Shiho's shoulder. If its a normal situation, she will tell him to back off- yet her mind is pretty occupied. "Hnm.." He stayed quite for a while, arm still on her. He knew why she is like this.

She maybe hard to understand but he knew her very well now.

They are on Kudo's house now, both on the second floor. Heiji on his room.
"Do you think, everything will be alright?" She then suddenly quietly asked. Her tone so soft.

Kaito watches her in his peripheral vision. He cant see her eyes but her tone says everything. She's worried.

Aa if he knew everything on her mind, he answered.

"If it's what is destined then, im sure everything will be alright." He safely answered. "Trust him."

"I do.." she quickly answered. Being defensive all of a sudden. "I really do."

Seeing her acting like this, like fully vulnerable is making Kaito feel like he's talking to his younger sister. Yes, he treats her like a sister. She knew almost everything about him. They are pretty close. So close that she's letting him her weak side for the first time.

Younger when she's older than them? Well, a girl in this situation- no matter what age, is very fragile- like a baby, like an innocent kid.

He then gently pulled her closer. "Then breath. Calm down, you." He gently squeezed her arm. "Keep calm and just love Shinichi Kudo." He added playfully, using the famous Keep Calm And-- line.

Shiho didn't smile a bit but her mood lightens up. Geez this friend of hers.

She then take a deep sighed and looked a head, making Kaito saw her eyes. Full of confidence and, peace.

He smiled. She's fine. She's strong. No matter what happen, she will be fine. As long as he and Heiji is here, they wont let anything happen that will cause to hurt them further more. Thats for sure.

Besides, what are friends are for right?

xoxo

"He's still not home yet?" Heiji asked, taking his seat on the dining area.

"Yeah.. its almost six in the evening." Kaito, almost grimacing. "Goddamn that guy. He could've text us that he will be late so we can tell Shiho not to worry about his halfass boyfriend." He leaned on his seat as he looked nowhere.

Shiho is in the living room waiting for her lover while Kaito and Heiji is on the dining area, eating some snacks because it looks like the dinner will be later than usual. They can't eat without Shinichi because for sure Shiho wont either. Its just doesn't feels right to eat without those two.

She doesn't have any phone. She won't be able to use it anyway. For some reason, her laptop is enough for now. Besides, Shinichi doesn't go out that much, so whats the use right? Except today.