Epilogue

Before the ending,  let's be clear. If I want to end someone with a character that you didn't expect then you can skip their parts. And anyways,  I did made it clear that I don't like the 'childhood ' otp of this anime. So that's only my opinion and I hope you respect mine. Again,  just skip if you're not comfortable with it. So in the future,  I am aware not to give a full chapter those characters whom you don't like to end up. Thank you for almost two years of waiting for this fanfic to end.

--is my original authors note, but then things might change.

xoxo

"Shinichi.. " Ran's lips quivered. She is lost of words. Totally clueless why he is saying these words that piercing her heart into pieces.

She have gone mad, pleaded and everything she can do to have an answer from him but he just can't answer her enough.

"I won't let you go.. " her hands turned in fists under his gentle and warm touch. "Not until you tell me everything.. " she sniffs.

That made Shinichi think. Should he confess everything now?  But that would totally will ruin his original plan.  Although,  he can't stop to feel pity and guiltness towards this girl.

Shinichi gently holds her wrists and slowly put it down,  away from her holds onto him.

"Ran,  im--"

"Shinichi.."

Both stop as soon as they heard Heiji's voice. He doesn't want to meddle,  not on this very intense conversation both Shinichi and Ran we're having. But then,  what he was about to tell is more important.

"Heiji, please- not now." Ran pleaded,  her face tainted with her own tears. Heiji secretly closes his hands and turned it into fists. For some reason,  his heart is clenching in pain as soon as he sees her face.

"I'm sorry.. " is the only words Heiji can say to Ran before turning into Shinichi. "It's them.  " Him referring to Kaito and Shiho while handling his phone to Shinichi whom crinkled his forehead in confusion at first but nervousness slowly igniting inside of him because of his friend's tone.

"Hello? " Shinichi, the first thing he heard was a sigh of relief. And its definitely coming from Shiho. His burning nervousness suddenly comes off,  as soon as he heard her tone- but it didn't even last long.

"Shinichi.. "

Shinichi looked up to Heiji as soon as he noticed the shaky voice of her. As if his friend understands him,  Heiji shows a serious expression.

"Hey, what is it? " He asked,  forcing a smile and normal tone.

"Come home.. " Shiho.  "..please. "

Without any further seconds, he strides wide walks towards the exit of Ran's party, him wearing a dangerous expression on his face. It made people made way for him,  as if Shinichi is facing an emergency.

"Shinichi! " Ran was about to follow when Heiji stops him by grabbing her arm as gentle as possible. She gave him a questioning look but he didn't even move nor explain. She then forcefully wriggle her arm out of his firm grip.

"Ran, stop.. "

"Let me go! Heiji! " Ran glared at him but still,  he didn't do what she said. "Let me go,  or else." She said with gritted teeth.