2

I wake up and hear the tv on downstairs. I grab my bat and slowly head down the stairs. I take off running and swing. "Woah watch it, Lia" a familiar voice says. I open one eye then the other.

"Jahseh, what in the world" I say. He takes his finger and moves the bat from like a inch away from his face. I hear the downstairs toilet flush and Ski comes out air drying his hands.

"Uh, ok" he says. "What are you doing here?" I ask. "Well I was born here and never really thought about leaving so-" he says before I interrupt him. "No, my house Stokeley" I say in a "duh" tone. "Oh, you leave an extra key under the flower pot" he says. "Ugh, whatever" I say. "I have to buy some new clothes and I don't trust you at my house with me gone so.." I start. "We'll go with you" Jahseh says. "Ok, lemme change out of my pajamas" I sat referring to my maroon spaghetti strap top and Mickey Mouse pants. Ski and Jahseh nod. I run upstairs and grab some quick clothes

 I run upstairs and grab some quick clothes

Im just gon look basic today. I wear my hair in two braids.

 I wear my hair in two braids

And I just do my eyebrows

This is what Auhlia looks like just without that hair and outfit

This is what Auhlia looks like just without that hair and outfit. Her mom is mixed with black, white, and cuban and her dad is mixed with black and white and puerto rican.
I take a picture and post it on Insta. Immediately people start to like my post. I walk downstairs. I grab my phone and money and head downstairs. My mom left me 1,000 to last me till Sunday and it is Thursday.

I grab my car keys and see Jahseh still watching tv. "Where is Ski?" I asked. "He left me here, so..." he trailed off. "Come on" I say and walk out the door. I lock it and we walk down the driveway. I start my car and drive. "So, you liking it back so far?" I say turning down the radio. "Yeah, I missed all my friends and fam and stuff like that" he said. "So, are you Ski dating?" he asked. I shake my head no. "Good, because Ariana would have been pissed" he said laughing. I stop my car. "What?" I ask. "You know his girl, Ariana" he said now confused.

Boom it felt like a kick to the chest. That is why he never asked me out. He had some chick. "Auhlia you didn't know?" Jahseh asked. "No, he...didn't tell me" I said voice cracking. I keep driving and the awkward silence took over.

Jahseh
I felt bad for Auhlia. I mean I thought she knew but guess not. Her voice was cracking and her eyes were puffy. She must have been on the verge of crying. I pull out my phone.
Jahseh: Wtf vro??????
Ski: What happened??
Jahseh: Li doesn't know bout Ariana?
Ski: No and don't tell her
Jahseh: Too late, why would you do that she liked you
Ski: I like her but Ariana she is different too
Jahseh: Shut up talking to me

I looked over at Auhlia. She had calmed down a bit. "Turn around" I spoke up. "Why" she said. "Cause" I say. "That is irrelevant answer my question" she says. I take a deep breath. "Cause I wanna show you something" I say. After convincing her for like 15 mins she pulls over and I drive. I will take her to the Fun Center. Where we can play games and laser tag and relax a bit. She laid back singing along to a song. "Im sorry, Auhlia" I say. "Hmm, what for" she asks looking up. "For telling you" I say. "You didn't do nothing wrong, thank you actually or I would have found out a different probably worse way" she says. I nod. "I wish it didn't hurt though" I hear her mutter.

We soon arrive and I hear her door open. And soon see her rushes to the doors. I smile to myself. What am I feeling? Nah, can't be what I think it is. Do I like her?