⟅Chapter 16⟆ The Night

The Night.

NATALIE DAVIS
NOVEMBER 1990

Today everyone was even more busy than usual because today was the BET awards. I kept arguing with the girls today about nonsense, so to calm my self down I rolled a blunt and smoked my anger away. I invited Jodeci with me to the awards so they can get a feel of it when they drop their debut album, and make it to the awards, and hopefully win some. I packed some chronic for just in case I wanted to get high again.

I checked myself out in the mirror, eyeing my curves, I smiled. I took a quick look at my makeup and reapplied the nude colored lipgloss to my lips. I then ran my fingers through my curls before walking away from my body mirror. I walked down the couple of steps meeting Desire, Bianka, and Princess who were laughing and chatting away. "Y'all ready?" I asked them grabbing my jacket and keys. They nodded their heads and got up and go their things. Walking out and locking the door behind us, we got into the limo and took off.

After we picked up the guy we were on our way to the awards. I pulled out the rolled blunt and lit it. Taking a drag I blew out the smoke and sighed with relief. Choking on the smoke I let out, Desire spoke, "Natalie do you always have to smoke everyday?" Here she goes, blowing my high. I rolled my eyes and took another drag before passing it over to K-Ci who just looked at it. "Desire don't start with me. Not today" I said waving him off. "Aye if you're not going to smoke it pass it on" I said to K-Ci. He looked at me then at his friends, before taking a pull then choking on the smoke. I chuckled and took the blunt from him. I took another drag and handed it to the next person.

Walking on the red carpet high as hell, I stopped and took a few pictures. I took some by myself, with the guys and the girls. Taking pictures with the girls, I put up a peace sign then quickly put up my middle finger as well. The flashing lights and the snapping of the cameras brung a different type of excitement to me. An excitement that I would like to continue to feel everyday. Walking down the carpet and passing other celebrities, I walked inside the big building where the awards will be held. As we found our seats, Bianka stopped me before I could even sit down.

"Yo, What was with that pose you just did?" She asked and I rolled my eyes. "You know you're embarrassing us?! Now that will be what people will talk about. So thank you for being the embarrassing 'ghetto' girl of the group" Bianka said and I stared at her like she was crazy. Did she just call me embarrassing and ghetto? "Bianka go sit the fuck down. You're over reacting. Now if you want to see me be embarrassing and ghetto I'll show you" I spat out as she huffed and sat down. I see she's showing her true colors. I don't know why she's starting with me, it's not even that serious. And if I want to be in the tabloids then let me be.

"Aye you coming to the after party?" K-Ci asked as he hopped into the limo with, L.L Cool J, N.W.A, Ice-T and other celebrities. I looked down at the three awards in my arms and then back at him. "I'll pass. I'm going back to the studio to put these on the shelves" I said and he nodded. He hopped into the car and they sped off. Walking over to the next car, the chauffeur opened the door and I hopped in. Placing the awards into my lap and told the driver where to go, I poured my self a glass of champagne. Before the driver could even pull off, he got out and opened the door. Confused I looked at the door and seen long legs come in. It was Devante. The driver closed the door and came back in.

"Oh what's up Natalie" He said burping and I scrunched up my face. I didn't respond, I only watched him as he grabbed the champagne bottle before wiping the spout off and taking it to the head. I cringed as I watched him because first of all, who drinks champagne like that. Second of all, this champagne tastes cheap. Taking the bottle away from him, I watched as he pulled out a rolled blunt and I was impressed by his rolling skills. He quickly lit it and took a puff from it. He then passed it to me and I gladly took it and did the same. We continued this rotation all the to the studio. When it was down to a roach I put it out in the ashtray.

I put the awards on the shelves and sat down on the couch. As I sat down, he pulled me onto his lap. I looked down and then back up at him, His eyes were read and hooded. Damn we high as hell. He then caressed my thigh and I felt all tingly inside. I blushed and gasped as he attacked my neck with wet sloppy kisses. Are we really doing this now? Allowing him to continue his actions he began to take off my shirt. I pulled away and I looked him in the eyes. Do I really want to go through this? I sighed and got up and put my shirt on. I just can't go with this, even though I really want to I just can't. "Natalie C'mere stop playing" He said above a whisper. I giggled and kissed his cheek. "De we can't do this. Look I'll call the chauffeur so they can take us home. I'll explain when you aren't high." I said. The effect of the blunt didn't last long so it was wearing off.

What would happen if we did go with this?

I'm going to skip to the new year aka year of Jodeci!!