Chapter 21

*Sorry not sorry bitches mood*

ENJOY :)

*

"Girl, don't do that to me!" Avery laughs into the phone hysterically, making me want to laugh a little.

"I had to! It gets you every time!" I shake my head at my best friend.

What would I do without her?

"Anyway, how's the new house going?" I ask as I look through my bag to find something comfortable to wear. It suddenly becomes silent on the other end, making me scrunch my eyebrows in confusion.

"Avery?" I hear shuffling and a throat clear before she speaks again.

"Uh yeah hey! Sorry, I couldn't hear ya for a second. Um yeah he house is great!" I stop my clothes hunting and stare out into the open.

Why's she acting weird?

"Ave... you good?"

"Oh yeah, everything is great! How's your mom?" I almost choke on my spit, forgetting on why I'm in Damon's house. I suck in a breath before speaking.

"We got into a fight."

"A FIGHT?!" I pull the phone away from my ear, hoping I'll still have my hearing left.

"Yes. Damn, you can keep it down a little."

"Sorry not sorry boo." I roll my eyes but smile anyway. "So why'd y'all fight for?"

I then tell her. I tell her everything that happened. From the planned dinner to where I'm staying at the moment. When I told her this, I expected her to freak out on what happened and stuff, but nothing.

I didn't hear anything on the other line.

I become suspicious.

"Avery, you there?" I look at the phone to see the call was disconnected.

What the fuck?