Chapter 26

"I am phenomenal"

*

I park behind a few bushes, making sure the guards outside the building don't see it. I take out a few of my guns, knives, anything that could help me get inside. Ethan's territory is surrounded by a huge stone wall, with wires at the top so that nobody could get in, or escape. It looks just as old and rusty as when I left. I keep on walking until I get close enough to the building. I then take out a remote and press a button, signaling  for the big gas tank in there to over heat, or in other words, blow up. I know my mother is probably in a secured room, so she is nowhere near the huge gas tank outside.

 I hear a loud boom from inside. I look up to see smoke coming from his big mansion. An alarm rings aloud, making the men retreat to inside the mansion.

Idiots, you never leave your post. Ever.

I secretly go over the wall, getting my pants caught in the wire a few times. I jump down the wall and quickly run over to the wall on the right, while a few guards run over to the mansion. I take out my gun and put a silencer on it.

I'm ready

----

I quietly tiptoe inside the building, going through the secret hallway my father still had. The walls had greenish mold on it, making me scrunch my nose at the awful smell. He has time to kill innocent people, but no time to hire a janitor? The wooden door in front of me is in sight so I start to walk faster.

I'm coming mom.

I lean my head against the door to see if I hear anything on the other side.

Silence

I quietly open the door, to see a very horrific sight.

oh no..

As fast as my feet take me, I quickly run to my mother, who's lying limp on the floor. I drop down to my knees and grab her, seeing if I feel a pulse.

Nothing.

I lie her flat on her back and start giving her CPR.

"C'mon! Stay with me!" I clamp down her nose and give her air through her mouth and continue to pump her chest. Please don't leave me. Please..

She then takes a big gasp of air, her eyes opening wide. She continues to breath heavily, as if she were just running. Relief washes over me like a wave.

"You're still alive!" I take her into a bear hug, almost squeezing her to death. She wraps her arms around me.

"That bastard couldn't kill me that easily." She states with a scratchy throat. I giggle at her pride. I'm just so happy she's alright. I don't know what I'd do if she died...

"I'm just glad that you're okay." I hug her one more time before I help her off the dirty floor. She brushes off her jeans and walks back to the secret door I came from.

"We should go before he figures out I'm not dead." I stop in my tracks and slowly shake my head no.

"I can't.." Her eyebrows crease together.

"What do you mean you can't?"

"I came here to finish this. Once and for all." I go walk to the door, but my mother harshly grabs my arm, stopping me. I turn to her, to see her very conflicted.

"I already lost you once. And I am NOT ready to lose you again!" She grabs my shoulders tightly, tears building up in her eyes. I feel tears build up in my eyes, but I fight them back.

"If we keep running, he will never stop chasing us. We have to end this." She shuts her eyes tightly for a minute before cursing out loud, grabbing a pistol from my bag.