Chapter 3

"So than he was like not the pepperoni" Laura laughs while we exit Spanish class.

I can say with absolute certainty that I have zero idea what Laura is talking about.

Suddenly Willow approaches us from down the hall.

"Don't tell me that you've been torturing her this whole time?" Willow's dark eyes widen.

"I've been on my best behavior" Laura declares, "haven't I Emma?"

I smile.

"She's been fine" I assure.

"See" Laura cheers "hey you should sit with us in the cafeteria"

See who says I'm antisocial? Its the first day, and already I've made friends. However, I know better then to get attached to anyone here.

"Sure" I nod.

"We sit over here" Willow starts as we approach a table, already filled with people.

"Willow, I think that table is taken" I furrow my brows in confusion when I spot four boys sitting around the table.

"What?" Willow questions with a confused look as we take a seat around the table. "Emma this is Kyle, Tommy, and Elijah"

I immediately notice Thomas, sitting amongst the guys.

"And obviously you know your brother" Laura smiles as Thomas sits between Elijah and Kyle.

My body floods with sadness when I hear that one of the boys names are Tommy. I would die if I met someone who shared my birth name. It would just be another reminder of all the things that I can't have. Thomas isn't the most sentimental or sensitive guy I know, but this must be killing him.

Thomas smirks at me. How did we end up with the same people at lunch? He was enjoying this way too much.

"So where are you guys from?" Olive skinned, chocolate brown eyed, thick brown haired, handsome Elijah questions.

"Indiana" Thomas responds immediately.

"Big move" Tommy comments casually as munching on his crisps.

Tommy has light brown hair, grey eyes and fair skin. He wears a letterman jacket and a sweet smile.

"Our dad got a job here" I explain.

"He's the hot new history teacher" Laura smiles.

"Stop saying that" Willow begs.

"Twins huh?" Tommy says.

My heartbeats faster. Thomas senses this and says, "yes, they do exist"

Every time somebody brings up the fact that we're 'twins', I fear that they won't believe it. The truth is, I know we will get caught, it's just never knowing when or how that scares me.

"You've met Jane and her sister" Laura points out.

"Yeah but they're identical" Tommy tells her.

"Most people would find that more creepy" Elijah chuckles "don't you think Kyle?"

Kyle sits beside Thomas. His hair is dirty blond and has dark eyes. He too wears a letterman jacket.

"They're not identical you jackass" willow rolls her eyes.

Kyle's quiet. Judging by his Letterman jacket and the way that he carried himself, he probably isn't always. He clenches his jaw, perhaps in anger or frustration.

"Don't worry about him" Laura whispers to me, "he's not like the rest of us...he takes a while to warm up to new people"

I nod slowly. Yeah I know what that's like.