Chapter 54

Tommy's P.O.V

November 2016

"Get over it" Willow snaps at me.

Her harsh words cut through me like a sharp blade. Instead of analysing her - I just continue ranting. You can't let every thing get to you.

"I can't" I moan.

"What's wrong?" Ely questions as he and Laura take a seat beside each other.

What's wrong? Better question: what isn't wrong?

"Jenna Campbell denied his friend request" Willow rolls her eyes.

"Who's Jenna Campbell?" Laura questions.

"The most amazing most perfect girl in this hell hole" I admit as resting my head on our table, in the cafeteria.

"What's so great about her?" Laura raises a brow.

Mhmmmm where should I start?

"She's beautiful....like really really beautiful..." I explain.

"In other words" Willow starts "Tommy never knew that she existed until he accidently sent her a friend request on Instagram...which she denied"

Pretty much yes. Now I need to know why.

"Which makes you want her more?" Laura raises a brow.

"Exactly" Willow nods.

My thoughts bounce around in my head like a ping pong ball on speed.

I hate how little they think of me. I don't want her because she doesn't want me. I'm not that petty. And I knew she existed, I just thought her name was Ashley.

"That's not true" I shake my head "I knew she existed"

"Jenna Campbell has quite the reputation" Ely elaborates. "She's untouchable"

"What do you mean?" Laura furrowed her brows.

"She's very...particular about who she lets into her life" Ely explains.

So I've heard. I actually know nothing about her. So I just gotta trust what Ely says.

"What are you on Ely? I see that hoe with guys all the time" Willow points out.

"Guys that have been friendzoned" he specifies.

"You know a lot about Jenna Campbell" Laura glares at Ely.

"As I said" Ely starts "she has quite the reputation"

Which is code for Ely has a history with her. A history that I know nothing about.

***

"Faster Levitt!" Coach screams at Ely as we run around the school oval.

"Remind me why I haven't quit yet?" Ely questions with alcohol on his breath.

Ely's drinking problem is something I ignore. I know that Kyle tries to help him but I honestly wouldn't know where to start. Everyone's always told me that whenever I try to help, I make it worse. So I've just stopped trying now.

"Because coach won't let you" I inhale and exhale at a rapid rate as I run with sweat rolling down my entire body.

"Uhhh" he nods.

"Any of you going to the party tonight?" Kyle starts as running a few feet in front of us.

Does he even need to ask? When do I ever miss a party?

"When have I ever said no to a party?" I point out.

"Ladies quit yacking and more running!" Coach screams at us.