Chapter 65

Hi all,

Just letting y'all know that this chapter is a little graphic (believe me you'll know which part you should skip if you can't handle graphic scenes). I also cried while writing the ending to this chapter because... well you'll see.

Please VOTE and FOLLOW

Thank You

Happy reading!

--------------------------------

"My plane landed an hour ago" I walk through the city with my cell pressed against my ear.

"My sources told me that he works at the Chicago FBI" Kyle started "that's your next stop"

I stop in my tracks "Roosevelt road, right?" I just need to make sure that I'm at the right address.

I've memorized the address to each and every FBI HQ in the country. You never know when you might need to know it.

"2111 W Roosevelt Road, 60608" he specifies.

"Right" I sigh "I'll keep you posted" I say right before ending the call.

I look up at the building before signing.

Here I am.

The Chicago FBI HQ, to face the coward who took me away from my family and let them get lost within the program.

I take a deep breath.

Let's do it Isla.

Slowly I walk past security to enter the building. I walk through the lobby that only had a few men and women walking around. I continue walking to the front desk before stopping before the woman.

"Excuse me" I show the woman my badge "Detective Isla Mills SPD, I'm looking for Johnathan Banks, can you tell me where I can find him?"

The woman shoots me a blank look "Excuse me?"

I roll my eyes as I look up at the clock on the wall that read nine am. I don't have time of incompetence.

"Look can you type up his name on that little computer of yours?" I point.

She shakes her head slowly "That's not necessary" the young blonde woman blinks.

"What do you mean?" I fold my arms as I grit my teeth in annoyance. 

"I mean you're six months too late" she starts "Mr Banks passed away from stomach cancer"

Suddenly I feel everything inside of me crash and burn. I hold my breath as my eyes widen in shock.

"What?" I start "No! Check the computer"

"Detective-" she argues 

"Please will you check the damn computer" I clench my jaw.

He's alive. He's got to be. There's no way he's not. I find Johnathan, I find my family.

She sighs as typing on to the keyboard before flashing me the screen.

I skim through the document before I find the part where it was clearly stated:

Lieutenant Johnathan Banks August eighteenth 1972 - May sixth 2028.

I hold my breath in anger till I find his burial information. I shake my head violently.

"Detective" the woman calls as I storm away from her in anger.

Johnathan Banks was buried in the suburbs of Chicago - So my next move is catching a cab to the cemetery.

***

I stand in front of his tomb stone, just glaring at the words. Johnathan Banks is dead, but is he really though? My tomb consists of an empty casket. In my world no one is really dead. With that in mind, I take my shovel and begin digging like I mad-man.

The sky grows darker and darker as the hours kept passing and eventually rain began pouring. I take a deep breath has my shovel hit something hard.

Was it a rock? Or have I finally made it?

I drop to my knees as rummaging my hands through the mud. I than hold my torch up to the mysterious item.

A smile washes across my face as I see that it is a coffin. I run my fingers across the rim, attempting to find the opening.

Bingo.

I swing the door open when a great odor attacks me. I move away from the body for a second as spitting on the grass.

"Ahh" I cry before holding my breath.

I take a good look at the decaying body. Skin stripped from bones, insects covering what's left. The body is basically just rotting bones and dry skin.

I glance at the man's face. There's not a doubt in my mind - it's Johnathan Banks.

***

The rain pours heavily from the sky as I stand at the nearest phone booth.

The son of a bitch is dead. That's it. I have no chance of seeing any of them ever again.

He deserved to die at my hand.

Kyle told me that I would find him here. How could he not have known?

"He's dead!" I screamed at the top of my lungs with tears rolling down my cheeks "The piece of shit died six months ago from fucking cancer! You lied to me! You told me that the scum was still alive! You're sources were wrong!"

"Isla!" Kyle finally cuts me off "you turned your phone off, Tommy has been trying to contact you all day...He found them....You're not going to believe this but they're in Chicago-"

My eyes widen as time freezers, and all goes quiet.

"Sober, tipsy, or wasted?" A familiar voice asks from behind me.

I drop my arms, making the receiver end of the telephone dangle above the concrete. My blood runs cold, forcing me turn around ever so slightly and meet his gaze. He stands there in his dark jeans and leather jacket that contrasted with his blond hair and pale complexion. He holds a brown paper bag filled with groceries in his arms. He looks just as surprised to see me.

"Thomas" I gasp, a single tear rolls down my cheek.

I watch as the blood drains from his face as he stands in disbelief. I sprint towards him, his hands dropping the bag of groceries before he leaps into my arms. I squeeze his frame as tight as I possibly can. I pull away slowly, placing both my hands on each side of his cheeks - looking at him carefully as a smile washes across my face. He looks the same, only now with a rough short beard and scruffy hair. I hug him once again. For the first time in a long time, I witness tears fall from his face.

"Isla" he grips my wet shirt, his hands shaking. "Is it really you?"

"It's really me" I struggle to smile.

The heavy violent rain soaks through our clothing.

"I thought...How did you-" he furrows his brows as struggling to smile.

"It's a long story" I glance at him before hugging him tightly once again.