Chapter 7

Thomas and I slowly enter the house. Loud music blasts, instantly deafening me while drunk teenagers stumble in front of us. My body floods with immediate regret.

"I hate this" I sigh. "Parties like these are where bad decisions are made"

"In that case, this party will make sober, tipsy, or wasted, more interesting don't ya think?" Thomas smirks.

I fold my arms "Why can't Emma be introverted?" I raise a brow.

"Because I'm extroverted" he points out.

So?

"That is not a good reason" I shake my head.

"You heard what dad said...you've got to play the part" Thomas starts as we walk through the crowded house "....Tommy better not be here"

"Be nice" I roll my eyes.

"Hey, you two made it" Ely approaches us with a red solo cup in his hand.

"Not by choice" I mutter under my breath.

"Drinks are in the kitchen" Ely informs as Tommy begins stumbling towards us.

He's drunk already? He doesn't waste any time.

"Great" Thomas scoffs before storming away from us.

"Tommy's out of it already?" I raise a brow at Ely.

"That's Tommy for you" Ely admits "Parties way too hard"

Well that's unfortunate. Ely seems sober to me, I wonder if he's been drinking?

"And you?" I ask.

He shrugs "well I rather remember the party the next day"

Fair enough.

"Heeeey guys" Tommy slurs his speech as wrapping his arm around me.

"Hey Tommy" I greet with a smirk as he pulls me closer to his body.

"You duh party joy man?" Tommy says something incoherent.

"I'm sorry I don't-" I start.

"Are you enjoying the party so far?" Ely translates.

How the hell was Ely able to comprehend that?

"You Looking v good" Tommy tells me as blinking rapidly.

"Thanks" I furrowed my brows "I think"

Tommy gets friendly when he's drunk it seems - Good to know. Tommy presses his cheek against mine, making me laugh.

"So is uh Willow here?" I ask.

"Willow is the most introverted person that I know" Ely informs as glaring at Tommy.

"What about Laura?" I question.

"Lau iz da there bu she just wat othets" Tommy spat, making me to wipe my cheek with my palms.

"Laura is over there somewhere" Ely points at the kitchen as pulling Tommy off me "but she is just watching the others drink"

"How-" I start.

"I have younger siblings" he explains as giving Tommy a playful noogie "just treat intoxicated people like toddlers"

I nod. That's good advice. Suddenly I feel the urge to pee. 

"Do you know where the restroom is?" I ask.

"It's upstairs somewhere" Ely tells me.

"Thanks" with that I push through the crowd of drunk teens, before climbing up the stair case.