Chapter 41

"So what are you doing for Valentines day?" I question.

"Jake and I are going out to dinner" Laura sits beside me in English Lit class.

"What about you Will?" I ask curiously.

"I don't know" Willow shrugs.

She and Jacob have been an item for months now. Which makes her 'I don't know', concerning.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Jacob did this weird thing last night" she admits as we sit at the back of class. "We were...well you know...falling around...than he stopped"

"I don't want to hear this" I cringe.

Despite Thomas not actually being my brother, this is too much for my ears.

"He stopped?" Laura furrows her brows. "That's so was strange"

I search the classroom with my eyes, to see Ely sitting at the front of class, beside two guys from the football team. I want him back in my life.

"Ladies" Mr Jacobs calls from his desk "socializing is what lunch is for, not my class"

Willow roll her eyes as hushing her voice "I know right" she replies to Laura's earlier statement.

"Oh my god" Laura gasps "you don't think.... Well you know"

She's thinking that he's either gay or a virgin. Both theories are wrong.

"No" Willow shakes her head.

I begin laughing hysterically.

"What's so funny?" Laura furrows her brows.

"You think he's a virgin?" I chuckle "he hasn't been a virgin since he was like ten"

Of course I'm exaggerating.

"Eww" a girl in front of us cries.

"She's exaggerating for effect" Laura rolls her eyes.

"Hey you, turn around" Willow orders the girl, causing her to quickly get back to work. "God I hate people"

"Anyway you have nothing to worry about" I chuckle.

"Is he repulsed by me?" Willow glances at me.

Definitely not.

"No hun" Laura shakes her head "of course not"

"Than what?" Willow sighs.

"Can we talk about something other than my brothers sex life please?" I beg.

This whole conversation freaks me out. I much rather talk about anything else.

"You mean like the assignment" the girl sitting in front of us mutters.

"Bitch how would you like your face permanently rearranged?" Willow threatens, causing the girl to look back down at the assignment "that's what I thought"

"Well its just us three and Jacob at lunch today" Laura announces.

"What are Tommy and Kyle doing?" I ask.

Ely hasn't sat with us in months. He talks to everyone but me, it's annoying.

"No the better question is who are they doing" Laura corrects.

"What?" I blink.

"Desperation day" Willow says simply.

I blink a few more times in confusion "What's that?"

"Today" Laura smiles "February thirteenth, a magical night where a ten has the self esteem of a four and the depraved enthusiasm of a two" she quotes.

"The day women are especially desperate because its another reminder that they have no one for valentines day" Willow explains "according to Tommy"