Chapter 31

"I'm done!" I cry in excitement. "No more SATs and ACTs"

Laura throws her hands in the air before jumping up and down "We did it!"

"It was harder than I originally anticipated" Ely admits as we walk out of the building.

Months and months of preparation, now let's hope it pays off. I wonder when our other friends are going to do theirs. I hope they don't leave it till the last minute.

"it's supposed to be hard," I tell him. "when are the others doing theirs?"

"March I think" she predicts.

"perhaps may" Ely adds.

That's a little while away, but I guess that means they have more time to prepare. Suddenly my stomach makes a dying whale noice.

"so where to now?" I question.

"I actually uh have a date" Announces Laura.

"With Jake Garcia I presume?" Ely says.

She smiles "Yeah with Jake Garcia"

I'm glad she's seeing him, even if it means that Tommy's not okay with it. She deserves happiness, even if that means not with Tommy.

"where's he taking you," I ask softly as I stand in between Laura and Ely cars, that are parked beside each other.

"there's a local pizza place nearby that we were thinking of getting" she explains as jumping into the driver's seat of her car.

Very simple. I like it.

"very low key" I observe.

"well I come from a wealthy family" she points out as starting the engine "low key is refreshing"

"enjoy yourself," Ely tells her.

"thanks, I will" she begins to reverse "see ya Monday" with that she drives away.

I turn to Ely "than there were two" I smile.

"so it seems" he half smiles.

I wonder if we're going to round up the rest of our friends to go and do something? I feel like pizza after Laura announcing that she was going to get pizza.

Hank is so cruel, he won't let us eat anything remotely unhealthy. My mum was the complete opposite. Our diet mostly consisted of takeout.

"what are we doing?" I ask him.

"excuse me?" his eyes widen in surprise.

"well, its only noon on a Saturday.....I just thought-"

He blushes slightly "oh yes yes of course"

Why is he acting weird?

"have you always been socially awkward or is it a recent thing?" I bite my lower lip as raise a brow.

"I assure you that it is a recent thing" he nods awkwardly.

Well okay then.

"So where did you want to go now?" I fold my arms.

"I...Don't...know...uh, where do you want to go?" He stutters slightly.

I open the passenger side door quickly
"I feel like pizza" I jump into the passenger seat of his car. He stands perfecting still as looking at me through my window "are you coming or not?"

He nods awkwardly as walking around the car "uh okay....than uh pizza it is" he takes a seat in the driver's seat. "What made you change your mind?"