Chapter 60

"He hasn't put any time in" I cried "he never shows up to class and ten bucks says his part of the assignment will be crap"

"Believe me" Harry started as we sat in the lecture room "I am bloody annoyed as well"

"Hey at least his grade won't effect ours" Elise pointed out.

"Still" I moaned "I don't even know the douche bags name and I still want to kill him...I mean honestly when you're put in a group assignment you're supposed to attend all the meetings and at least introduce your self to the rest of the group"

"Maybe he's a ghost" Elise suggested, causing Harry and I to shoot her an unamused look. "Just a thought" she awkwardly laughed.

"I'm nineteen years old" I told them "I haven't been in elementary school in a long time! I'm sick of working with children"

Buzz

I open my heavy eyes to find my cell vibrating beside me.

"Yeah" I press my cell against my ear as rubbing my heavy eyes.

"You were right" he says simply.

"As always" I sit up in my seat to find myself in Tommy's office.

Tommy sits comfortably at his computer - his eyes glued to the screen.

"There are holes in Willow's incident report" Kyle tells me over my cell phone "How did I not see this earlier?"

"Because you weren't looking" I say simply.

"This guy is scum...let's put him down" he declares.

My thoughts exactly.

"Agreed" I nod, looking over at Tommy.

"Has Tommy found them?" Kyle asks.

"Not yet" I sigh "but we're getting there"

That was a lie. It could take a while.

"I'll see you soon Kyle" with that I end the call.

Suddenly, I watch as Tommy pulls out an orange tube half filled with pills from his desk drawer. He twists off the cap, throwing one to the back of his throat before swallowing down hard with some water.

"Adderall, huh?" I read the label.

"When I started med school, I had trouble keeping up. I had my buddies give me stimulants so I could study through the night. The damn things made me fall asleep. Thought they gave me sleeping pills as a joke." He pauses. "They hadn't. I was diagnosed with ADHD a few months after that"

"Hence the adderall" I nod.

His facial expression changes.

"What did you find?" I lean towards the computer.

"It could be nothing but there's a twenty three year old male who had a transfusion yesterday in Indiana" he informs.

I sigh. This is why I don't get my hopes up.

I lean back in my seat "it's not him"

Tommy blinks "How can you be so certain?"

"Because we were located in Indiana in early 2017" I explain, "and we're never placed in the same location twice" I rub my forehead in frustration.

Tommy nods in disappoint, as we now sit in silence. He glance at me with sadness in his eyes.

"How did Kyle sound?" He asks.

"Good" I nod casually.

"I haven't spoken to him since her funeral" he looks down.

Willow died six years ago. Six years is a long time for best friends not to speak. They used to be inseparable. I can't imagine them not speaking.