Chapter 5

"Fuck you" Willow cusses as slamming her locker shut and storming away from Kyle.

I furrowed my brows as Willow pushes through the crowd. Kyle sighs before I walk towards him.

"What's that about?" I question.

"Nothing" he shakes his head "don't worry about it" with that he leaves my sight.

That's odd.

I enter my classroom where I find Laura and Ely, sitting at the back of English Lit.

"I just witnessed the strangest thing-" I start as sitting beside them.

"Mr Duncan showing PDA with his frogs in bioology?" Ely starts "you will get used to it.....eventually"

Okay.....

"No Willow and Kyle arguing aggressively in the hallway" I tell them.

"They're back to that again?" Laura starts as glancing at Ely.

Back to that again?

"What do you mean?" I question.

"They used to be an item" Ely tells me.

"It didn't end well" Laura informs.

"Although it has been over a year" Ely cocks a brow at Laura.

"Has it been a year already?" Laura sighs "god time flies...it seems like just yesterday when..." She trails off.

Finish your sentence. Please.

"When?" I question.

"When they broke up" he finishes for her.

"Were they like the perfect couple?" I question.

"Sure" Laura nods "if the perfect couple fought constantly"

"And would do things out of spite" Ely adds. "It was really unhealthy looking back"

"It wasn't always like that" she says.

That sounds toxic as hell. Why did they finally call it quits? What were they just arguing about?

"So what happened?" I question.

"Okay please open up last night's homework" Mr Jacobs starts as the class hush.

Suddenly Willow walks through the class room before sitting in front of laura.

"What happened?" Laura whispers to her.

"He's a fucking idiot" she rolls her eyes with anger in her voice.

"Miss O'Donnell" Mr Jacobs calls. "Am I Interrupting?"

She rolls her eyes.

Oh here comes drama.

"Yes as a matter of fact you are" she snaps.

What is she doing? My eyes widen.

"Must we have a repeat of last year" he folds his arms as she rolls her eyes "Do not roll your eyes at me Miss O'Donnell! how dare you come in here and disrupt my class"

"You call this disrupting?" She shakes her head as standing up "if you want to see disrupting! I'll show you disrupting!" She begins yelling, slightly slurring her speech.

Is she drunk?

"Leave my classroom Miss O'Donnell" he points at the door.

"Happy to" she smiles as picking up her things and walking out the door.

"Sorry about that" he sighs "where were we?"

"Last nights homework" someone in the front row cries.

"What the hell was that about?" I whisper once he finishes talking, ten minutes later.

"She's plastered" Elijah sighs.

"At school? Why?" I cry.

"Honestly who knows" Laura tells me "there could be a million reasons"

"This is only my second week here" I start "so I'm a little oblivious-"

"Willow has been through a lot of shit" Ely explains "shit that Kyle couldn't handle hence their break up and her little episode just than....that's all you need to know"

"For now at least" Laura adds "Willow can elaborate if she wants...its not our story to tell"

"Sounds serious" I comment.

"Its life" she says

Suddenly the bell rings, forcing every student to stand, and walk towards the door.

"Don't forget tonights homework" Mr Jacobs calls "Miss Carter, Mr Levitt, if Miss O'Donnell continues this behavior, I will have no choice but to call home and fail her"

"Yes Mr Jacobs" Laura nods as we exit the classroom.

"How often does this sorta thing happen?" I question as we walk down the hallway.

It can't happen all the time right? She would be kicked out of school if that were the case.

"Too often" Ely says simply.

"What happened?" Tommy questions as he and Thomas stand beside the lockers.

"We just saw Kyle" Thomas explains "he's in a pissed mood"

"Willow turned up drunk again" Laura sighs.

"Mr Jacobs is threatening to call home" Ely starts "potentially fail her"

"Jesus Christ" Tommy throws his hands in the air.

I blink. Thomas and I are the only ones who have no idea what's going on.

"Calm down" Laura orders "we don't need to bring attention to ourselves"

"I need to go find her" Tommy declares.

"This is not the time for your bullshit" Ely firms his gaze.

Wowow that was uncalled for. I glance over at Thomas.

"Do you know what any of this is about?" I whisper to Thomas.

His eyes soften at me.

"Yeah" he nods "I do"

Than why do I not? I mean if he knows, then why can't I?

"If anyone is going to go talk to her its going to be me" laura tells them.

"She won't talk to anyone" Ely sighs "you know that"

"Someone needs to talk to her" Tommy cries.

I furrowed my brows. Sometimes it's easier to talk to a stranger them someone you know and love. I've found that I can be easy to talk to.

"What about me?" I tell them.

They all glare at me in surprise.

"You?" Laura cock's a brow.

"Willow is the most private person I've ever met so no offense to you Emma" Tommy starts "but she doesn't know you-"

Exactly. She doesn't know me. It's better then one of them approaching her and getting sgut down.

"Sometimes its easier to talk to a stranger" I explain.

There's a moment of silence as they all contemplate.

"Its worth a shot" Ely nods.