3 - An Introduction to Declan Payne (2/17/2021 Update)

Video: Can Can Music by Offenbach

Feel free to tell me what you honestly think and rip it apart, good or bad, I'm all ears. I'm in the middle of doing final self edits before I start looking for Beta readers. And don't forget to vote, comment, and share to help get Breaking Eden to #1! :0)

________________________________________________________________________________

3

Introduction to Declan Payne

Declan Payne was a man of few emotions. But the moment Eden Burrows came into his world, the primal urge to possess her physically pained him. His need to touch her, to feel her skin against his shaking palms, morphed that unbearable need into an aching hunger that nothing else could satisfy.

He relaxed against the table and allowed his imagination to run rampant with twisted desire. In them, Eden remained a being of absolute perfection. With a body so pure and innocent no amount of longing would offer the recognition it so deeply deserved. And with every article of clothing shed, his lust amplified tenfold.

It was positively maddening, the feeling of losing one's self-control. He teetered hopelessly on the brink of destruction, wavering between sanity and irrationality.

His vision wavered. In the blink of an eye everyone had vanished. Time had sped forward.

The catwalk glitched, elongating, stretching further from the stage until it reached him. To where he sat under the cover of darkness, alone in his booth of solitude.

Another blink and she appeared in front of him. Each speck of glitter shone with intricate detail. She kicked her legs high in the air. The scrapes on her red bottom heels were jagged streaks of white. His senses amplified, leaving him in a state of ecstasy.

Her beauty taunted him, made him drunk with euphoric arousal. She sunk to her knees with agonizing slowness that ended with the parting of her thighs. It offered him a glimpse of tantalizing lace. With a flirtatious grin, she cut him off and crept forward, hips swaying behind her.

Leaning forward, she ran a red tipped finger up the front of his neck, stopping beneath his bearded chin. That pointed nail forced his head back. The scent of lavender invaded his senses.

"Your smell. It's intoxicating. Your words. They are heaven sent. Spoken to the Devil's ear."

When her lips brushed his an electric current pulsed between them. "And what of my touch?"

"Divine." His breath was feather soft. "Meant only for the Gods."

"You are the only God I seek to please."

"Grant me mercy, I beg you. Tell me what I must do to possess you."

"Act upon your desires. Command me to bend to your will and submit to no one but you."

"I will." A pitiful groan escaped him as she moved away. "I swear it. I will have you."

Lips brushed his ear, her breath hot against his heated skin. "But heed my warning. My gift comes with heavy sacrifice. I will be your end."

"And I yours." The urgency of his words brought tears to his eyes.

Their moment ended with an explosive cry near the front of the room. In the blink of an eye, he was jerked back into the present. Sitting alone, tucked away in near darkness, forced to observe Eden from a painful distance.

A mod swarmed the stage. Men and women trampled over one another like beasts to slaughter. They fought to shower Eden with their undying devotion, were excited to open their wallets to shower her in green.