5 - How Eden Got Her Groove Back (7/17/18 update)

Hey guys! I'm pleased to announce that edits for Breaking Eden are going well. Readers wanted longer chapters so this chapter went from 1,200-ish words to almost 1,600 and is packed full of new content. So give it a read and let me know down below in the comments what you honestly think. Good or bad, I'll take it if it'll help improve my story.

As always, please point out any mistakes you may find while reading. Fresh eyes see everything I miss. And don't forget to vote, comment, and share to help get Breaking Eden to #1! :0)

Chapter six update coming soon...

________________________________________________________________________________

5 – How Eden Got Her Groove Back

                Eden's head popped up at the sound of the door opening; she'd been sitting there for what seemed like hours while everyone else in the room was called before her. The same girl stood in the doorway like every other time it had opened, only this time her gaze landed immediately on Eden's fidgeting hands. Her fingers released their hold on the sash tied around her waist. 

                "Eden Burrows? Lucky you, you're the last to perform. Do you need a bit more time to ready yourself?" The girl gave Eden a kind smile, but her tapping foot told another story.

                Eden remembered the warning about tardiness and stood up, "I'm more than ready."

                "Good. Sorry, you had to wait in here all by yourself. Master doesn't like his performers to return to these quarters after their sets. If there is anything, you'll need right away then please bring it with you."

                "It's fine." Eden cracked her knuckles out of habit and took one last lingering look in the mirror and at her clothes.

                "No need to worry about those." The girl caught Eden running her hands over her clothes, "You personal items will be taken to your room."

                "Okay." Eden caught sight of her reflection.

                You got this. Show Declan exactly what he's missing. Her red lips parted, forming a sly grin. She straightened her outfit one last time, making sure the panels of her robe ran smoothly over the curves of her slim body. She tightened the sash around her waist and turned toward the girl. "How do I look?"

                "Marvelous." She beamed then a shadow past over her features. She bit awkwardly at her bottom lip and glanced down the hallway, "Don't tell anyone I told you this but your friend had a little accident."

                "What?" Eden rushed towards the door. All thoughts of her performance vanished from her mind, "Is Diamond okay? Where is she?"

                "She had a bit of a tumble backstage, but I assure you she's perfectly fine. A medic is tending to her needs as we speak. She's just a little shaken up is all." The girl placed a small, yet surprisingly cold, hand on Eden's arm and smiled a thin-lipped grin up at her, "No worries dear." She reassured Eden again. "Your friend is in good hands. And I'll personally see to it that you're taken to her after your set so you can see for yourself. How about that?"

                "Thank you."

                "Now follow me-" The girl turned on her heel and started down the hallway. 

                Eden followed close behind, "Does Declan know about this? We were-"

                "Master Declan is quite aware of the current situation and isn't too pleased." The girl cut Eden off with a small laugh, "Please excuse my rudeness." She glanced back behind her shoulder. "That man has a way with the ladies, as you probably already know." She giggled, "You're going to love it here, the two of you. What exquisite additions you'll make to his house."