18 - Silver Lining (3/30/2019 New Chapter)

As always, please point out any mistakes you may find while reading. Fresh eyes see everything I miss. And don't forget to vote, comment, and share to help get Breaking Eden to #1! :0)

Chapter 19 update coming soon...

________________________________________________________________________________

18

Silver lining

The sound of laughter brought Eden back to reality. And just as quickly as the past came back to haunt her, the depressing thoughts faded.

She unhooked her bra. Red smudges stared back at her. They littered her breasts and chest in streaks. It reminded her of blood. She squeezed her eyes shut, forcing the door closed on her thoughts.

When she opened them, the smears of blood morphed back into lipstick.

She glared at her breasts. Diamond definitely left her mark.

That color was a cruel reminder of what occurred in room six and she wanted it off of her. Pulling a fresh wipe from the pouch, she went about cleaning her skin in bitter silence as girls trickled into the dressing room, laughing up a storm. They went about changing back into their street clothes, counted their tips, and ignored Eden. Then one by one, they trickled out.

Her terrible night was finally over, yet all Eden wanted to do was talk to Diamond and bare her soul to the only person that could tell her everything was okay. Only then would she be at peace.

Tomorrow she'd have a sit down with Harvey. She'd tell him back up numbers were fine if it meant not having to ever do a private dance again.

Dragging the black duffle bag from the floor and onto her lap, Eden fished out her street clothes and got dressed. It took her a bit to find all the bobby pins littering her hair but when she was done, she gathered it into a ponytail and left it at that.

"GIRL!" Diamond bellowed from the doorway. "I haven't got dicked that good in months!" Her laugh echoed into the dressing room.

Without pause, Diamond rushed toward her makeup station, clutching her outfit to her chest. The heels dangling from her fingers clicked together with every step.

Eden shook her head. "Did you walk all the way back here naked?"

"Wait until-"

"I don't want to hear about it." Eden laughed at her friend's dramatics.

"Girl!" Diamond dropped her bundle onto the counter, exposing her large breasts and hairless sex. She plopped down next to Eden on the bench. "Girl." She dissolved into girlish giggles.

"Yup, last time I checked I'm indeed a girl."

"That man's a beast!" She propped her head in the palm of her hand and smiled a smeared lipstick grin at Eden whose lip curled up in disgust. "You missed out on some great dick."

Eden tossed her the pack of makeup remover wipes. "I think you mean he's just a dick. Period."

"Look at you turnin' green with envy." Diamond shot her a sideways glance. "Now you know how it feels to be passed over."

"I'm more than okay with being passed over by that arrogant asshole, thank you." Eden shouldered her duffle bag.

"Stop lyin' to yourself. You loved that shit." Diamond pulled pins and clips out by the dozen and dropped each of them onto a little dish on her counter. "Oh...oh...OH!" She mimicked Eden's orgasm. "I had you soundin' like that white bitch in Sleepless in Seattle."

"I'll have what she's having." A girl a few stations down called out.

Diamond whipped her head around with lightning speed. "Bitch, mind ya own damn business. Ain't nothin' here concerns you, Becky."

"You don't gotta be rude, Diamond. And my name's Susan." The girl grabbed her bag and headed out of the room. "Fuckin' bitches." She mumbled under her breath as she passed them.

"I heard that Becky!" Diamond shouted after her.

Eden's cheeks reddened. How could she have allowed it to happen? She couldn't deny that she did, in fact, enjoy it. All of it.

Well, up until Declan threw her out.

It will never happen again. She reminded herself. So, you don't have to worry. Better yet, maybe I'll catch Harvey on the way out and tell him tonight, so I can't change my mind.

"Hey," Diamond snapped her fingers when Eden stood up. "Where the hell you think you're goin', bitch?"

"I need to find Harvey."

"He gone."

"Shit." Eden's grip on her bag tightened. "Then I'm going home to sleep off this nightmare."

"Nope. I ain't done with you yet." She pulled on Eden's hand, stopping her. "Sit yo ass back down. We gotta talk about somethin'."

She didn't move. "Seriously, if this is about me being jealous, I'm not. Declan's a creep. You can have him."

"Girl, I was just givin' you shit." Diamond waved her hand in the air. "I know you ain't jealous. But if you got a taste of his cock-"

Eden held her hands over her ears, humming loudly to drown out Diamond's words. "I'm not listening."

Diamond pulled Eden's hands down, looking serious. "I need to ask you somethin'."

"What?"

Diamond lips curled into a devious smile. "How would you like to make $40,000 in one night?"

Without a word, Eden sat back down to listen. 

Words: 966

Don't forget to check out my other stories!

The Hilstead Experiment: 1986 - Three prisoners escape an experiment involving human subjects.

The Hilstead Experiment: Adrift - Ten strangers board a plane that crashes into the ocean, turning their promised paradise vacation into a deadly experiment of survival.

The Carriers - Tainted meat turns a small farming town into a parasitic zombie war zone only a vegetarian can handle.

In The Pines- Annabel Lee enters into the highest rated gameshow of the afterlife to win a second chance at life.

And if you're looking for writing advice check out my story Year of the Author.