1 - Back So Soon? (New Chapter 9/7/2018)

Video: Beside You by Phildel

Hey guys! I'm pleased to announce that this is a brand new chapter for Breaking Eden. Give it a read and let me know down below in the comments what you honestly think. Good or bad, I'll take it if it'll help improve my story.

As always, please point out any mistakes you may find while reading. Fresh eyes see everything I miss. And don't forget to vote, comment, and share to help get Breaking Eden to #1! :0)

Chapter two update coming soon...

________________________________________________________________________________

1 – Back so soon?

Eden woke to a new day, back inside the medical ward and under its daunting white lights. She was stretched out on the same table she was on only days before and posed a certain way. Her arms were once again tied above her head.

She strained her neck, trying to see the binding as her wrists and could only view of two jutting elbows at the top of the table. The same styled paper sheet covered her body, only this time her legs lay motionlessly flat, and for that she was grateful.

Is this some sort of Groundhog day situation I'm having? Am I doomed to relive this horrid day over and over for the rest of my miserable life?

"No." Panic surged through her veins, pulsing along with her racing heart. "This can't be happening."

The only thing her struggling brought on was a radiating pain in the back of her head. It shot bolts of fire down her neck and into her shoulders, bringing fresh tears to her eyes. 

"Just let me go home!" She shouted this into the quiet room, flinching at the shrillness of her plea echoing around her. "I don't want to be here anymore." Her words were but a mere whisper on her lips. Then nothing but silence. 

There came the simple clearing of a throat. It was loud enough to still Eden's thrashing movements. Her eyes narrowed at the offending sound, and a string of curse words threatened to rip free from her mouth when she recognized him.

He was the reason she had been placed back in this room. "It's you." She spat the words at him like were poison on her tongue. 

By the looks of him, it was clear that Ben's nose was broken. And judging by the faint beginning of two black eyes he'd have two beautiful shiners for a while. A satisfied grin lifted her mouth as she took in all his wounds.

It serves him right. The thought was bitter but soothing. I want him to feel everything.

Ben seemed forlorn, deep in thought, as though he was struggling to find the words to make things right. But Eden knew there was nothing he could say to make this right, and she wasn't the least bit open to hearing any form of apology he might think up. Not today, maybe not ever after what he was going to do to me.

The thought of him going through with Declan's demand made her skin crawl, made her physically ill. If she hadn't have hit him when she had the chance, the outcome would have ended in rape.

All the thinking, the trying to remember what happened after she hit Ben, made her anger return that much stronger. The pain in her head intensified as dizziness settled in. Her head fell against the table, hitting the wrong spot that sent another searing pain through her scalp.

Gritting her teeth, Eden groaned out her misery and anguish the only way she knew how. She clamped her bottom lip between her teeth and tried her best not to cry. She lasted at most ten seconds before tears started to leak from the corners of her eyes.