Option #2 - The Next Morning (7/26/18 New Chapter)

Video: California Dreamin' By Sia

Vote for the kidnaping you think is best. Which one should make it to the published book of Breaking Eden?

As always, please point out any mistakes you may find while reading. Fresh eyes see everything I miss. And don't forget to vote, comment, and share to help get Breaking Eden to #1! :0)

Option #3 will be posted tomorrow.

________________________________________________________________________________

Option #2

The Next Morning

                  Eden awoke the next morning to the sound of birds chirping outside her open window. When she opened her eyes, it was to a room bathed in warm sunlight, and the sky was a bright cloudless blue. It was indeed a marvelous greeting to witness.

But she frowned at the open curtains. Each set had been drawn back and tied into place, by whom Eden didn't know.  She had shut them herself the night before. Then crawled into bed to sleep the terrible night away. As for the windows themselves, they remained closed save for the one nearest the bed. It remained wide open and filled the room with a light breeze.

Eden rolled to her back and stretched her arms high above her head. Arching her spine, she savored the feel of her shoulders popping and groaned. Her muscles were tense from her encounter with Declan in the tub.

Her mood instantly soured at the thought of him. She rolled to her side, expecting to find Diamond asleep next to her but the bed was empty. When she slid her arm over the space, it was cold to the touch.

Diamond had never come back to the room. Eden covered her face with her hands and sighed as memories of the night before came rushing back. It was all instant regret on her part. What depressed Eden, even more, was how she didn't know how to fix things.

Eden dragged herself from the comfort of the blankets and went about getting dressed.

It wasn't until she pulled on her fuzzy pink slippers that Eden noticed the door to the bedroom stood open. Her gazed dropped to the floor, to the area where Diamonds bag once sat and found it empty just like her side of the bed had been. Every trace of Diamond disappeared from the room, as though she never even stepped foot inside it.

Eden sat on the edge of the bed and dreaded the next thought that crept into her mind. Diamond is still mad. She probably slept in Declan's bed to get away from you.

Eden poured herself a glass of water from the pitcher on the nightstand and chugged it down, trying hard to shake the thoughts plaguing her mind.

What was there left to do? Eden set the glass aside, grabbed her duffle bag, and headed downstairs. Might as well get this over with then. Face the firing squad head on and with your head held high.

"Hello?" Eden called out when she reached the bottom of the stairs. "Diamond?"

She listened to the eerie silence that filled the main floor and added, "Anyone here?" Her voice echoed out into the foyer.

"I was beginning to wonder when you'd grace us with your presence." Came the familiar voice of Declan Payne. "Come to the dining room. I need to speak with you for a moment."  

Eden clutched the strap of her duffle bag, straightened her posture, and followed the sound of his voice. She entered the dining room and found Declan sitting alone at the dining table reading a newspaper. Diamond was nowhere to be seen.