Once Upon A Fanfic

Kat's P.O.V.

I sat there. In my room. Lying on my bed. On my phone. Just like everyday after school. Nothing's changed. Nothing ever will. To everyone, I will always be the crazy fangirl.

On my phone, I go into Wattpad and start reading one the fanfics in my library.

I love fanfics. If I find a really good fanfic I will dream about what happens next in the story, even when the author might not even know. I also write fanfics, but they don't have that many reads and the stories suck. At night I will imagine myself in a fanfic, but like that's ever going to happen. Fanfics are just made up stories, I've been told that millions of times before, by my friends, enemies, and family. Notice how I said 'friends'? Yeah I meant friend. I have one friend. Her name is Penelope. No, she isn't a fangirl like me. No, she doesn't have wattpad and doesn't understand the fangirl ways. But she is always there for me and she has actually talked me out of suicide before. I think that's the best friend you can get.

I put my phone down and think about what I just read. The story is called My Savior by @Niallismehmofo. It's a great story. I just got to the part where Emilia's dad finds her playing her guitar in a coffee shop. Her dad, Richard, abuses her and she secretly plays the guitar for money. And while she is playing at the coffee shop, One Direction comes and orders coffee.

As I keep reading on I fall asleep in the fanfic and next thing I know I'm dreaming about it. Will Emilia be ok? what will her dad say? I was sound asleep and then I suddenly feel myself being pushed to the ground. I wake up and standing there is a man. The man I imagined in my dream as Emilia's dad. My cheek is hurting really bad. He grabbed me and punched me in the stomach. He was about to kick me when Niall stood up and said "Leave her alone!"

In my mind, I wasn't thinking about Niall or the pain in my cheek, ok i was thinking about Niall a little, but I was mostly thinking about how I got here. I had fallen asleep while reading right at the part where they take Emilia to the hospital. The boys took me to the hospital and then everything went black. I quickly opened my eyes and looked around. I was surrounded by my same room. Nothing had changed. I wasn't in the hospital and the boys weren't there. I went into the bathroom as looked into the mirror. There was a bruise on my cheek, and there were marks on my arm from earlier in the story when Emilia cuts. That was proof that it all happened. But, had it really happened. I went out to the family room and my dad was sitting on the couch watching football. Not Richard, my dad.

"Dad, has anything strange happened in the past few minutes?" I asked him.

"Yes. The Seahawks should be beating the Packers!" he said. He's really into football.

"But, nothing out of the ordinary?"

"Besides that, nope."

"Hmm"

"Why is something wrong."

"No" I lied. I wasn't sure what was going on and I didn't need people thinking I'm faking it. I went back up to my room to do some tests. I read some more of My Savior. I got to the part where Niall goes into the hospital to talk to Emilia about her scars and bruises. I set down my phone and waited for something to happen, but nothing did. I decided nothing was going to happen so I went out and got a snack. I got some Oreos and milk. I them went back to my room and drank my milk. It was one in the morning so I decided to go to bed. I could've stayed up later but I wanted to keep dreaming about My Savior. I dreamt about Niall looking at Emilia's scars and telling her never to cut again. That's when it happened. I suddenly felt a hand pull my chin up. It was Niall.

"You can trust me" he said. I wasn't sure if I could break the story or if I had to go with the exact lines. I opened my mouth and tried talking.

"It all started when my parents got a divorce when I was seven." Nope. Can't break the story line. I told him about "my" dad and how I play guitar. I told him everything, but it's not like I had a choice.

When I finished Niall said "And what about these?" Knew that was coming. He rolled up my sleeve and there was all my scars, cuts, and bruises. "Did he do this to you?"

I nodded my head. I tried not to.

"And what about these?" he said pointing to my cuts. "Promise me you will never do this again." I didn't want to, but I cried. The only reason I did was because it was part of the story. Then, it went black. I'd gotten to the part I read to. It must only let me live the part of the story I read. But, why does it let me live the story at all? This hasn't happened before and I've been reading fanfics for years. Does it happen to other people or just me? or is it that certain fanfic? I opened my eyes and it was the middle of the night. I guess the amount of time that passes is the amount of time needed in the story. I sat there thinking about it. Was it just that fanfic caused it, or does it happen with other fanfics? First of all, what exactly does happen? I mean, I know I become the story, but what exactly happens? Is my body still there or does it disappear? Ok. Maybe I'm taking it a little too far. I just have to do experiments to figure out what happens. I know that it only goes until the part of the story I read, and that it only happens when I'm asleep. But, what if someone wakes me up? So many questions and not any answers. I decided I'd better experiment some more. I read Lost Relative by Lovingnialljhoran. I got to the part where she heard her mom and dad talking on the phone. I went back to sleep and waited.

"You can't keep the secret from her forever" I heard someone say. I was hiding and a woman was standing there talking on the phone.

"You can keep the secret from him forever" the woman said. I'm guessing she was my mom in the story.

I couldn't walk away or anything because that would break the story so I had to stay put and listen to the conversation I just read about.

"We're going to have to tell them sooner or later" the other end of the line said. I was forced to duck down.

"I'm just surprised she hasn't found out yet" I heard the woman that's supposedly some post to be my mom say.

"I can believe he hasn't found out, you know, where he is right now" the guy that's some post to be my father said.

"I've got to go" my mom said.

"Ok. We can keep the secret a little longer, can't we?" My dad asked.

"Not much longer" my mom said and hung up. Then everything went black and I immediately felt someone shaking me.

"Honey wake up" my real mom said shaking me.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Time to go to school" she said. "I've been trying to wake you up for a while"

"Sorry, I was just really into my dream" I said, which wasn't completely a lie.

"Well you better hurry up. It's 7:30"

"Crap. K" I said and got ready.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Books mentioned in this chapter:

My Savior- Niallismehmofo

Lost Relative- directioningmixers (me)

Big thank you to Niallismehmofo for letting me use her story. You guys should follow her and read her stories.