Stuck Here 2😵

If you haven't read Maid, please go read it to get the full story and background of the maid in this story. Thanks! 😊

I sat with the maid lady for what felt like forever, talking about what happened in this place before I came about and it was surely 'something'. I sat at the edge of my seat as I listened to her rant on and on from her first arrival to the fun she had with almost all the men who had lived here to the death of the residents at the party. It felt like I was listening to a show on the radio.

"Wow. Well- that's interesting." I said shrugging my shoulders.
She nodded her head, to be honest she looked a bit insane herself. Going through events like that in this manor, I would have gone crazy too. No wonder why Wilford is the way he is, even though there is way more to why he is that way that neither of us know about.

"Yep! But luckily I wasn't here when the murder happened. I was actually out shopping. Police tried to get answers out of me, but I had no clue. " she spoke as she sat down beside me.

"It's so weird. It's like they were all just here, and then they all are just gone. " she sighed, I could see a bit of melancholy settling in her eyes. I tried changing the subject, only to make it worse.
"Are you dead, too? I didn't see you when I visited this place when I was alive. "
She remained silent for awhile then finally spoke.
"See this? " she said before pulling at her collar. I saw a huge scar across her neck that faded.
I gasped, feeling squeamish.

"I slit my own throat when committing suicide. " she confessed, but I was so astonished to why she was so content about it and didn't care about telling me.

"Wh-why?!  Why would you do that. Were you unhappy? " I asked.
"Let's just say, my life was always better when I had the boys around. When they died and Wilford went crazy insane, I had no one... I was alone. The only thing I could think of doing was killing myself to join them and yes I was in a very unhappy phase of my life. " she explained and I nodded my head.
"Well, at least your death was by your own hand. " I muttered and she laughed.
"Forgive him!  He doesn't understand. He's coocoo. "
"I see. " I huffed.
"But please don't get too depressed. I'm here if you want to talk. So you're not completely alone." She giggled.
"Just asking... Why isn't Wilford dead, too? " I asked and she nodded as if she knew I would ask that.
"We need someone to be alive to make sure the city doesn't destroy the manor. Because we're all trapped inside, people who didn't live here, or knew about the curse of this place, cannot see us. Therefore, we needed Wilford to act as our representative and tell those people to keep the manor as a museum, so that we could stay and exist. " she explained and it became a bit more clear to me.
"Interesting. So how come I saw Dark when I was alive? " I asked.
"Because you conjured up his spirit, dodo! " she laughed and I nodded.
"Oh...  that's right." I huffed and she giggled before holding her hand out for me to shake.
"I'm Merida, by the way. "
"Hello, Merida. " I shook her hand and she smiled.

The door swung open and Wilford walked in with his shirt open. My eyes widened and I turned my head,  blushing.
"What's up, Will!? " Merida greeted and he chuckled.
"Nothing much,  princess, I do have to change though. I want to put on my red and white striped outfit to take a short swim. " he suggested and she nodded her head. I quickly got up and followed her out of the room.

"So because Wilford is alive, how come he can communicate, feel, and see us? " I asked.
"Because he lived here. He k ows about the curse and was also here on the night everything went down. He saw everything, so maybe you should ask him about what happened that night. "
"The night everyone died? "
"Yep! "
I became squeamish again and shook my head in disgust.
She chuckled and lead me out of the hallway and walked me to the front room where Dark was residing.
He looked very tired. I still didn't trust him, but because I'm going to be here forever, I might as well start getting on good terms with everyone there.

"Hi. " I muttered as I moved close. Merida left my side to go fix something to eat.
Dark glanced up at me, but didn't do or say anything. He just looked back down at the ground and grunted.
"Okay, I'm talking to the man who just raped me a few days ago and I can't even get a simple sorry or even a "hi"." I growled and he chuckled.
"You're funny. " he scoffed before standing up.
"But I'm not in the mood for jokes right now. " he said as he walked pass me. I grabbed the sleeve of his suit, but he glitched to the other side of the room.
"Hey!? " I grunted and scowled in confusion.

"He's a very moody guy around this time. " I heard a deep slurred voice from behind me. It was Wilford.
"Why? What do you mean 'this time'. " I asked and he cleared his throat.
"Tomorrow will be the same month and day of when the incident happened. " he quietly said and I had a realization.
"Could you please tell me exactly what happened that day? " I asked and he scowled at me.
"I-I don't know if I can- i-" he began to panic.
"I-I-I- a-all I remember was trying to find my friends a-and... I uh- panicked and-and- ended up killing some guests, b-but it wasn't m-my fault I-I just- I never -" he started hyperventilating until he calmed himself.
"The killer was never found. " he cleared his throat.
"Okay, but what friends? " I dragged off and not believing him.
"C-Celine and D-Damien. " he looked as if he was gonna lose it, so I dismissed the conversation.
"Okay, it's fine. That's all I wanted to know. " I said and shook my hands in front of him.

I decided that asking Merida or the groundskeeper about it was the best idea. Even though that old hag outside is gonna give me hell on how naive I was.

Part 3 coming soon...
Please vote🌟 if you like it!!