Chapter 17

“You don't have any CDs?” Skyler turned the radio off, finally getting fed up with him channel surfing. “Or can you just not settle for silence?”

Martin- no, Knockout- looked at her, aghast. He narrowed his eyes, turning his holoform and jabbing a finger at her. “Listen here miss priss, I let you jack around with my equipment before but only because you didn't know it was mine physically. I demand that you stop mishandling me!” He looked around the interior of his body with his holoform, gesturing frustratedly with both hands.

They'd been driving for three days with only minimal stops when she needed to relieve herself. At this point they were in the middle of nowhere, and distractions were nonexistent. Whatever confrontation that had been avoided up until that point was now unavoidable.

If Skyler didn't get some reprieve she'd be doing more than slapping his stereo. She glared at him darkly, “Don’t you dare tell me not to mishandle you. I'm not the one who lied to you for three months before kidnapping you.”

“So you're still sore about that are you?! Well let me break it to you, I saved your live by quote unquote kidnapping you!”

Fuck this.

Skyler shoved open the car door, jumping out before he could protest or she could think it through. Her shoulder took the brunt of the impact as she hit the road, and she rolled forward a few meters. Grunting she got to her feet, breaking into a sprint and heading in the direction of… nowhere.

What a place to stage an escape. There was nowhere to hide and nothing to use. Still, she ran.

Knockout had hit the breaks, and she heard the shifting of gears and moving of metal as he transformed. “Now why on Cybertron did you have to do that?” He complained, taking what seemed like mere steps before scooping her up.

“Put me down!” The teen snarled, thrashing helplessly.

The red Cybertronian frowned and sighed heavily but did put her down.

Immediately she started to run. She was stopped this time by one giant foot, and she hit it with a dull thud. It was no good.

Rarely in her life had Skyler felt defeated. Even now she wasn't entirely sure she felt completely quelled but the fight was pretty much drained. She caught her breath, leaning on the red foot heavily. When the teen finally looked up she was practically blinded by the sun gleaming off Knockout's red plating. “Gah,” She shielded her eyes before altogether looking away.

He must have known the cause of her discomfort because he tenderly sat down with his back to the sun.

Now that Skyler had gotten some of her energy out she felt a bit better, but only a bit. The urge to figuratively bite his head off was still there- but she knew better than to try. At least not yet.

“If I hadn't taken you you'd be dead.” Knockout explained for the fourth or fifth time.

“So you keep saying.” She distracted herself with some stretches, keeping in the shade his body made. “I'm still mad at you. Pissed more like.”

The Cybertronian sighed again. “I wish you weren't. This would be easier if I had someone to talk to.” So honest about his own selfishness- it was admirable.

“You lied for three months.” She shook her head, face contorting with anger. “You know I had decided to stay with you; but then you had to ruin it.”

The cat like face peered down at her in surprise. “Really? You would have stayed? But… The bag…”

“I always have a bag ready.” Skyler touched her toes, working out her frustration by violently stretching her body. It wouldn't have the relaxing effect it should but she couldn't force herself to slow down. “Why were you even digging around in my closet?”