two

CHAPTER TWO" LET'S GET SHEET-FACED! "

CHAPTER TWO
" LET'S GET SHEET-FACED! "

"DYLAN!" TINA YELLED AFTER THE REDHEAD. "You're coming to my party, right?"

The girl shoved a orange flyer into Dylan's hands. Her eyes quickly scanned over the leaflet: lets get sheet-faced! was scrawled across the top in bold letters and down below was Tina's address and a time.

Dylan shook her head and handed the invitation back. "Sorry, Tina. I don't think I'm gonna be able to make it."

Tina didn't take back the flyer, raising her hands and shaking her head. "No, girl. You're coming. You haven't been seen outside the house in, like, a year."

Tina gave her a smile that was wracked with pity. "What happened to Hawkins' Party Queen? I miss her."

Dylan chuckled softly, knowing Tina's words were true. She used to be at every party, the first to keg stand and the last to stumble home. This year she hadn't exactly been sober, often using alcohol hidden under her bed as a vice to forget about her sister's absence, but she hadn't been to a party since last Halloween.

Dylan retracted the flyer and shoved it into her back pocket. "Fine. I'll think about it."

"Good!"

Dylan gave her classmate a parting grin and when she turned the corner, she tossed the invitation in the trash bin.

"What's this, doll?" At the sound of the boy's voice, Dylan's eyes instinctively rolled. "A party in this shitty town?"

Billy picked the flyer out of the garbage and I uncrumpled it. "Let's get sheetfaced. Now, we're talking."

From afar, Dylan saw Steve at Nancy's locker, his gaze narrowed between her and Billy. It made her feel small.

"Didn't I tell you not to talk to me in public, Hargrove?"

"I see," Billy followed her line of sight, his lips curling at the sight of Steve. "I'm your dirty little secret, right? Gotta hide it from Saint Steve?"

"Gotta hide it from everybody," she whispered heatedly. "You might be a good lay but you're a total moron."

His grin widened. "I love a girl that plays hard to get."

Dylan shoved him away. "You're insane if you think I'm playing. Have you lost brain cells from all the hairspray in that mullet?"

He only smirked.

"Go away!"

The bell rang and finally Billy stepped away from her, winking as he turned around. "See you in Bio, dollface!"