sixty

CHAPTER SIXTY
Hawkins, Indiana

As Jonathan drove past the Hawkins welcome sign, Dylan's head began to pound

As Jonathan drove past the Hawkins welcome sign, Dylan's head began to pound. She let go of Jonathan's free hand and brought both her hands to her temples, massaging them. It didn't help, as they drove further into town, her head began to pound more intensely, until she had to shut her eyes completely, blinded by any semblance of light.

Her expression of pain must have been more distributive than she had thought because soon Eleven's hand was placed on her shoulder, and the younger girl stared up at her with concern.

Dylan peeked through her eyelashes at her.

"Are you seeing...?" Asked Eleven.

Dylan closed her eyes again and shook her head. "No, nothing. My head, it just hurts."

The pain only increased and her breathing became laboured as she tried to keep herself calm.

"Dylan, really," said Jonathan, "are you okay?"

Dylan didn't respond, instead she put her head in her hands, and then down between her legs.

"We've gotta find the others." Will said hurriedly. "Somethings obviously happening and maybe they know more than we do."

"Eleven, can you find where they are?" Mike asked just as rushed.

Silence followed; Dylan could only hear the whirring of the engine and the tires hitting the road.

"Eddie's?" Eleven said hesitantly.

"Eddie?" Jonathan repeated. "Who?"

"Eddie Munson?" Dylan and Mike said at the same time. Dylan's voice was strangled; Mike's was full of confusion.

"I think so..." Said Eleven. "Trailer?"

Mike laughed. "Yep. That's Eddie's. Jonathan, head to the trailer park!"

Dylan could feel the vehicle whip around for a U-turn, she used one hand to grip the van door but never opened her eyes or lifted her head. Dylan's head only began to worsen as time passed.

The motion of the van stopped and she could feel her door swing open; she was pulled out by two sets of arms and propped up by her shoulders. She took a peek: Jonathan and Argyle were leading her to Eddie Munson's trailer.

"How do you know this guy, anyway?" Jonathan said. Dylan picked up on a hint of jealously, and even in immense pain, she found herself smirking.

"I used to buy weed off him."

"Of course."

"Hey," she replied. "Don't judge me, Stoner Boy."

"I could use some pot right about now." Argyle commented. "Hopefully he has a stash."

Dylan was grateful the inside of the trailer was dimly lit, shrouded by dirty blinds and ripped curtains. She finally managed to open her eyes, but only enough she could take it her surroundings. There was clutter everywhere, records and cassettes splayed across the floor, and while the trailer belonged to Eddie Munson, Dylan didn't see him anymore. Instead, she was greeted by four much younger teens, who looked just as confused to see her as she was to see them.