5. Singin' and No Dancin'

Peter and MJ got back to his apartment without so much as a hold-up, which wasn't a bad thing. He ran up the stairs like a child, MJ following slowly like his bothered but slightly amused parent. He fiddled for the keys for his door and unlocked it, stepping aside so she could go inside first. MJ gave him a light pat on the cheek as she walked by, similar to how an owner rewards an obedient pet, and she gave him a teasing grin.

The apartment was dark, and Aunt May wouldn't be home until later. She would be working a late shift, and she had left a note on the fridge that they could get pizza. Good thing Jack had been way ahead her.

He shook his head with a smile at MJ's gesture, closing the door as she went over to the gaming console, turning it on and navigating to Netflix after she had planted herself on the couch. He slowly walked over to her, taking off his jacket and leaning on the back of the couch beside her. He stared at her pleasantly as she scrolled through the Netflix menu looking for Beauty and the Beast.

When she found it, MJ smiled proudly to herself and looked over at him. She was surprised to catch him staring, and he didn't rush to turn away. He wasn't embarrassed, for he was comfortable enough with her to not be.

"You really need to blink," MJ deadpanned, "unless you don't have to. Is that another superpower I don't know about?"

Not even her habitual sarcasm could ruin the moment. He was well aware that MJ hated lovey-dove stuff, but Peter couldn't help himself. He didn't know he was a romantic until he started to fall for her.

And it was about time she knew that.

Peter took her cheek in his hand and brought his lips against hers, making them both sharply inhale. Both of MJ's hands found their way to the back of Peter's neck and she pulled the beanie off his head. Her fingers then interlocked behind his neck, and a second later, he found himself being dragged over the couch toward her. He almost fell, resulting in both of them laughing, and the console controller hit the floor.

Thankfully, MJ caught him before he did as well.

They both sat up, since they were laughing too hard to do anything else. They must've laughed for a few minutes before they finally calmed down. Peter took a steadying breath, and ran a hand through his hair, noticing the beanie in her hand. Her brown eyes were afire and he loved the sparkle they seemed to carry nowadays.

"You know, there's something I've been meaning to tell you, Michelle," Peter began, gulping nervously.

"Oooh, you used my actual name," MJ noticed, tipping her head, making her bangs fall to the side, "am I in trouble?"

"What? No, nothing like-well, it's just that I think-."

She then held a finger up, her gaze fixated on the TV screen. He was offended at first, until she took his chin in her hand and turned his head for him. It was just the news, and Peter figured the input must have changed when the controller hit the floor. He didn't understand what he was seeing at first, until he really focused.

It was a helicopter view of a previous event that had happened just minutes before, a spotlight shining down at a crashed car surrounded by police vehicles. Its engine had been ripped clean from out under the hood, leaving a gaping hole. A sorta replay came on, detailing what had gone down, and Peter wasn't surprised in the least.

It had been Jack, working in all his werewolf glory to stop some bank robbers from escaping. Peter hoped he didn't just ditch Ned somewhere to go fight crime. But the lycan was gone from the scene as the criminals were being detained, so Peter figured he must be on his way back.

"Damn, does that mean the pizza's gonna be late?" MJ asked, and Peter gave her an amused look, laughing lightly at the comment as they both sat up on the couch. Peter readjusted the input, getting them back to Netflix.