23. Snowed In

"You know you don't have to do this, right?" Peter asked as MJ threw another blanket on him. After they had gotten home, May had made them settle in on the couch. She didn't want to know the reason why her boys were so shaken up, instead deciding to get them as comfortable as possible on the couch, Jack balled up in the oversized armchair. She even put on The Force Awakens for them.

MJ came around after ending her day with Harry. The two boys waved lazily when she came in, and she grabbed another blanket for each of them. She sat down next to Peter and snuggled him in before flicking her finger against his forehead.

"Yeah, I know, but I've got nothing better to do," was her response. She looked over at Jack, who was passed out under a mountain of blankets with his headphones in. "Any idea what happened to him?"

"I've been going over it in my head," Peter replied, lacing his fingers with hers, "I think the electricity had something to do with it."

"Did he get tased too?"

"A lot more than I did," he leaned his head to rest on her shoulder, recollecting about how his friend didn't hesitate to take a shot for him, "I remember how he told me about when he first got brainwashed, that Connors did it while he was going full-fury. I think being shocked so much must have just triggered him."

"Damn," MJ breathed, and she slipped a hand under his chin, lifting his eyes to meet hers, "and what about you? You feeling peachy, nerd?"

He gave her a lopsided smile. "Never better. One could say I feel... wired."

"Is that supposed to be an electricity pun?"

"You like my puns. Don't lie."

The cantina part came on in the movie, where Rey, Han Solo, Chewie and Finn are talking with the alien smuggler, Maz Kanata. She said something about seeing the same eyes in different people, and MJ laughed at the line.

"It's just-I remember thinking that about Jack when I thought he was Werewolf," MJ explained when Peter turned to look at her, "can't believe I thought of a quote from Star Wars."

"I knew I liked you for a reason," Peter's grin was smug.

"You're a dork."

"Your dork."

"Unfortunately."

They sat in silence for a little while, Peter tracing circles into the back of MJ's hand. It was times like these that he realized just how much he really cares about. After a rough day or a rescue gone wrong, he often found himself at her window, gently tapping on the glass. If Jack was with him, he would make sure that Peter got there before going back to the city, and if he wasn't, the wallcrawler made sure to let him know.

The last thing he needed was a panicked werewolf tearing down the buildings looking for him.

"Hey, how was your thing with Harry? Get any more good pictures?" Peter inquired, and he caught the scent of soup coming from the kitchen. Aunt May knew his favorite recovery food was a hot bowl of tomato soup, and his stomach gave a grumble in anticipation.

She gave a dry laugh. "Oh yeah, that boy's a destined reporter."

"Reporter?"

"He would not stop grilling me about you and Scooby Doo over there," MJ pointed her thumb at Jack. "Seriously, it was like he was trying to get something out of me."

"What did he ask?" Peter was intrigued now, the movie forgotten as he focused on his girlfriend.

"If I knew who Spider-Man and Werewolf really were and if I'd seen you outside your personas," she replied, "like seriously, there's curious and then there's creeping."