29. Deadly Discovery

*Harry's pov*

Harry was a little anxious when he got home. After school, Peter had invited him over to his apartment for an all-boys Star Wars movie night with him, Ned and Jack. He didn't want to tell his father and have him make him ask more questions about Peter's superhero colleagues. It was already awkward enough the first time.

When the elevator doors opened to his penthouse, Harry realized that he was not home alone like he had come to expect. His father's briefcase was on the side counter, and a familiar white trench coat hung from the coat hanger. The boy slipped off his backpack and silently crept toward the living room, where his father and Marc Spector were conversing.

"This is taking too long," Mr.Spector was saying, his voice full of frustration. He sat in one of the leather chairs, for once in his life wearing a dark sport coat and equally dark shirt, a white crescent moon emblazoned on his breast pocket like all the other jackets he wore. He watched Mr.Osborn calmly as he paced in front of the fire. "Your Russian failed to so much as hospitalize either of them. I have important business to attend to at my company in California and I can't go back until I have that lycan."

"All the haste," Harry's father mused, keeping his tone even. "So the Rhino failed. Another way will be found."

"I want to know how he disappears. That lycan has got no place to hide in this city. I need to dig him out of whatever hole Tony Stark is hiding him in."

"Why don't you go back to California and attend to your business. I'm sure I can flush him out and send him to you."

"Don't be absurd. The research going on at the Life Foundation is dependent on me finding this lycan. I just wanted to kill him before, but with the discoveries we've made, he could actually prove useful."

Mr.Osborn gave him an intrigued look. "What kind of discoveries?"

Mr.Spector then turned his head, his eyes snapping toward Harry as he entered the room. The boy awkwardly waved at them as he headed for the stairs, but his father's voice stopped him.

"Found anything out, Harry?"

Harry slowly turned on his heel. He wanted nothing more than to be through with spying once and for all. When he had causally asked Peter if he knew Spider-Man or Werewolf, his friend's answer had been straightforward. There was nothing more to ask and Harry didn't want to pry anymore. He saw the suspicious look MJ gave him when he asked. He had seen her out of the corner of his eye. Mr.Spector had been right. They were going to suspect him sooner or later.

"Peter doesn't know anything," the boy stated clearly, "I asked, and he said he had never seen them outside their personas."

"Could be a lie," Mr.Spector pointed out, "Stark may have made him sign a confidentiality agreement."

"So even if he did know, he couldn't tell me anyway," Harry sighed, throwing up his hands, "what's the point of me having to keep spying then?"

"Fine then. You've done your job. You're out," Mr.Osborn then said, and Harry inwardly pumped his fist joyously, "but if you overhear anything, you let us know immediately. Understood?"

Harry saluted his father. "Yes, Sir."

"Don't be a smartass, son," Mr.Osborn playfully warned, and Harry smiled. He was just happy that he was finally done being a pawn for the two businessmen. He felt relief washing over him, and he felt a lot less nervous about going to Peter's tonight.

"And dad, I was wondering if I could go to Peter's tonight?" Harry asked, and his father tipped his head in interest.

"Oh? And what for?"