19. Snowball Effect

After a few hours of playing a lot of arcade games, it started to snow rather heavily and Happy thought it wise to get them back home. They dropped MJ off first, and the two lingered when they got to her door. Snowflakes caught in her hair and her utmost perfection literally made his heart hurt. And when he kissed her goodnight, he could've died right there and been happy.

But the "I love you" still didn't happen.

Peter didn't know what it was that made him hesitate. He still had it in his mind that it was way too early for something like that, and a little voice inside his head echoed that she didn't feel the same way. The last thing he wanted to do was ruin what they had by rushing things. He didn't care what Jack or Aunt May would say, he just didn't feel like they had been together long enough for such a step.

Before Peter headed up for the night, Happy stopped him. When the boy turned around, his hand flew up to catch a flying disc careening toward his chest like a frisbee. He caught it without hesitation, and turned it over in his hand. It was as big as his hand and shaped like a solid, compact waffle. It was made of white titanium alloy and was soft to the touch.

"For Russell, when he comes to," Happy informed him, "the boss fixed it up. Should be good as new."

Peter pocketed it in his jacket and thanked him before heading inside.

The night was a quiet one. May had left a note on the counter saying that Midtown would be closed because of the impending snowstorm. Jack wouldn't be back until the morning, and he didn't know if his friend would be able to get back home.

Then again, he loved snow so much he'd probably run all the way back just for fun.

And hilariously enough, that's exactly what he did.

When Peter woke up late the next morning, the city was a winter wonderland, and May was watching the news. She was laughing at a local news reporter who was standing in the street, avoiding the snowballs being thrown by a bunch of kids and a rather oversized white wolf. Not wanting to miss out on the fun, Peter quickly threw on his suit and after a quick goodbye to his aunt, flew out his window into the chilly air.

Peter found his werewolf compadre within minutes, catching him in the middle of a huge snowball fight with a bunch of kids off school. Because of his massive paws, he could make biggest fluffballs of cold fury and catapulted them across the street. He had even built two giant snow walls in the street for the kids to take cover behind.

He seemed to be having the time of his life.

Peter landed on the side of a building to watch from above. Some kids noticed his arrival and pointed up at him. Jack noticed and aimed a snowball at him, but Peter leapt away so it hit nothing but empty wall.

"Get him!" Jack roared playfully, and a barrage of snowballs flew toward the web-slinger. It took effort to dodge them all, and he got pummeled a good number of times. But it was Jack's cannonball to the chest that finally knocked him out of the sky.

"Oh, and down he goes!" The werewolf cheered, followed by a chorus of kids yelling in affirmation. Peter wasn't even mad, because the landing was so fluffy that he would be content to just stay there. But Jack wasn't having that, and he managed to dig him out of the snow.

"Good thing there's no avalanches this time, right?" Jack joked, and the two fist bumped.

"Werewolf! Spider-Man!" The kids called, and the mass crowd of school kids swarmed around the two heroes, "could we take a picture with you guys?"