43. Collateral Damage

*Spector's pov*

Marc Spector stood alone in the middle of the now-empty warehouse. The Tinkerer had taken his tools and had scampered back into the alleyways of the city to hide. Norman Osborn had retreated back to his mansion as ordered, and the Shocker, along with another man, were all that remained.

Marc flexed his fingers, mentally preparing for the fight that was to come. He stared at the monitor that hung on the wall that showed what the cameras were seeing outside. He watched as Spider-Man dove inside each warehouse on the dock, disappearing for a few minutes only to reappear and slip into another one. It was only a matter of time before he found theirs. 

He must have found them when the Jones girl used the iWatch to contact him. That must have been its purpose, he had assumed. But if it were true, the police might not be far behind. Marc remembered how he not only spied that on her wrist, but also the silver fang that hung on a rope necklace around her neck. A silver fang that was a duplicate of the one Russoff had in his mouth.

Many boyfriends, indeed, he thought to himself.

Yes, this was a perfect plan. It would not fail. His electrified brass knuckles whirred to life, a parting gift from the Tinkerer, and a gravity-freezing gun made from an alien cannon hung off his belt, also a gift. The gadgets would come in handy for the ensuing fight.

"Kyle's getting nervous," the Shocker then said, walking into the main room. His gauntlet was gone, now fixed on Marc's own arm.

"You nearly shattered your hand last time you used it against the lycan, and you can't work it with your left as well," Marc had pointed out upon taking it away from him, "Better it be in the hands of someone with experience."

"Is he watching her room?" Marc asked, inspecting his new punching device. It was much more powerful now since the Tinkerer repaired it, after Russoff had supposedly crushed it over the Shocker's fist.

"Yeah," was the reply, and he held up one of the two handguns Marc had given him in his bandaged hand. "But -I don't know- he wants a go at the wolf, despite everything. Score to settle and all that."

"He'll get his chance," Marc said, and he fixed his mask on his face. "If all goes well, everyone should get what they want tonight." He turned fully to his accomplice. "Remember, once I lure them in, that's when you come in. Wait for my shot, and don't hesitate afterward. Once it's done, get out of here." He took another look at the monitor. Spider-Man has just slipped inside another warehouse, and was very close now.

"But he's not even here. Just Spider-Man."

"And once he arrives, bring her out," Marc continued through gritted teeth. He didn't like being interrupted. "If he takes a while, just stall for time. In the meantime, I'll deal with Spider-Man."

The other man nodded before heading back to Michelle Jones's holding room. Marc activated the gauntlet and it revved to life. After a few testing punches, he left the warehouse, escaping into the darkness of the lot and scaling one of the nearest buildings. He looked down on the lot and spied Spider-Man walking into the open, only to dive right back into the shadows again. After another minute, he walked across the lot and went into the warehouse across the way. Marc leaned forward on his toes, watching the hero's movements with narrowed eyes, but didn't see any sign of the lycan with him.