Chapter One

Aaron POV:
"Melissa, what are you doing here? It's not Sunday and it's very late." she says "I just wanted to see our parents, I feel a bit depressed." I sigh "Melissa" I hug her "I miss them too." she cries on my shoulder. Our parents died eight years ago, dad got killed and mom got sick, I have to do all the work for money, my sister is taking care of the house. I got a wolf last week to keep her company, I found Alexander in a forest, I did not have the heart to leave him in cold, so I took him with me, Melissa was really happy to have a dog "Let's go inside." I hold her while we walk inside, Alex is sleeping peacefully "He knows we will go tomorrow to get more food." I walk towards him and give him a pet "I will go sleep too." she goes upstairs, I sleep on the couch like always, I don't mind.

*the next day*
"Come on Alexander!" he walks out of the house "At what village we'll go?" I say "I don't know, if we see one, we go there." we got everything we need "At least it's sunny today." I smile "Yeah" I guess a new adventure starts now. We go through the forest like always, this is the perfect place for hunting "Aaron are you sure this is the way?" I look at her "We always go this way." she says "I know but... i'm just scared..." Alex is barking "What's wrong boy?" he runs to a direction, we follow him "Wait up boy!" we run after him for a while. He stops at the exit "Alexander, why did-" Melissa's eyes widen "What's wrong?" I look at what she points at. There is a village at 50 feet away "I've never seen this village before." I say "Me neither" we walk towards it and there is a gate "Stop right there! Who are you?" I ask "Who asks?" the guard says "I will not kill you." I sigh "Our names are Aaron and Melissa." he asks "You're the kids of Derek and Rachel Lycan??" we nod "I'll open the gate!" Melissa asks "How did he know?" I say "Father met many villagers. Maybe he was here too." the gate is opening "Follow me, the dog is coming too." we follow the guard. The villagers look at us with shock, I feel a bit off about this "May I ask you?" we look at each other "How old are you?" I say "I'm 30, Melissa is 33." the guard asks again "How are your parents?" I stay quiet "They died 8 years ago." the guard says "I am sorry to hear that... I heard a rumour about your dad being dead, but Rachel?" I say "She got sick." we keep walking "Here we are!" there is an old looking castle "Carry the dog while you're inside." Melissa picks up Alexander "The princess is going to be happy to meet you." we enter "I guess you've never been here." I say "This is our first time in the village." the castle looks new inside. We stop in front of 2 huge doors "Your highness, we have 2 new people." the doors open, we walk in "Welcome to my castle!" I think my eyes widen, the princess wears a long purple dress, she has black hair, a tan skin and caramel eyes "Are you new?" we nod "I like meeting new people!" I was right "My name is Aphmau, I will be the queen soon. You two look like a couple I knew." I look at Melissa "Who are your parents?" Melissa tells her "I knew it! Oh my Irene this is exciting!" we look really confused "Your parents were great friends with mine." I raise an eyebrow "Were?" she says "I know about their death... my dad was killed too and mom was burned..." Melissa is crying "I am so sorry!" they hug "I am sorry too." Aphmau says "You can stay as long as you want. OMG PUPPY!" she hugs Alexander "I love puppies!" I say "Sorry for asking... but when did-" she says "Last year" Melissa asks "Do you have to marry before being a queen?" she sighs "I had to become at 30... but I'm 28." she is younger than us "Dante, please show those 2 around village." a guy with dark blue hair, fair skin and navy blue eyes says "Yes princess!" he looks at us "Garroth, can we talk for a bit?" the guard from the gate takes off his helmet, he has sandy blond hair, a tanned skin and cerulean eyes "Follow me you two." he shows us around, we are shocked at how this village looks. I still have that weird feeling "I bet you are hungry. Me and my brother own a restaurant. The meal is free!" we enter the restaurant, there are only 6 people "Big bro!! We have 2 new people and a cute dog!!" we see a guy with fair skin like Dante, jet black hair and a kind of blue eyes "Hello, my name is Gene. I'm glad to meet you." I shake his hand "Is there something I can help with?" she says "We are hungry and do you have dog food?" he smiles "Of course! If you are wondering about my eyes, they're shady blue." both start cooking "I love this village." I whisper "I don't know, I have a weird feeling about this village Melissa." she whispers "They are only humans. They are not werewolves, or meif'was, or wizards or witches." I say "I don't mind wizards or meif'was. Do you remember the story dad told us?" she says "About the vampire village? I don't believe it. The vampires were in the world 500 years ago. We're now in the 20th century." I say "Maybe you're right." Dante places two plates of food in front of us and food for Alex "Hope you like it!" I take a bite "It's good" she is eating fast "Melissa!" Gene laughs "I never saw a lady eating with so much happiness." I put my hand on my face "The princess really likes both of you." Gene's eyes widen "Wait, I just noticed something. Are you the children of-" I cut him off "Yes we are... the Lycan." I hope he won't freak out "Oh my Irene, this is amazing. Your parents were the legends of the world." we chuckle "We know that!" I continue to eat my food, Melissa keeps eating fast with a smile.