Chapter Twelve

Aaron POV:
That was a very long day. After lunch, Garte gave me to try outfits to wear as a king, even tho I prefered my clothes that make me look like a hunter. What made me more nervous was that Aph was watching me as I was wearing the outfits, she was being creepy... Melissa tried a few dresses mom had... when I saw her in the red dress... it reminded me of her... mom was very beautiful, I always played... with her short, brown hair when I was a child. Of course dad was jealous of mom because I wanted to stay more with her than with him, I still laugh at that memory. Now here I am, a human, turned into a vampire... by the princess, soon to be queen and soon to be mother... my life went from normal to weird. Now I am just sitting on my bed... wondering how of all the people, I will be the king of vampires? This can't get even more weird, can it? "Aaron...?" I look at the door "Weren't you with Zianna to learn about babies or something?" she says "I learned the first chapters. What are you doing?" I say "Being a statue... what does it look like?" she asks "Are you mad at me?" I say "No... I am wondering how my life turned from a hunter to a vampire." I continue "How of all people, I'll be the king of vampires?" she says "Because I love you and you were the nicest guy I ever met?" I look at her "The only guy you ever liked I guess?" she blushes "I feel the same. You're the first girl I fell in love with. The only one I can say." I look away blushing. Aph jumps on me "Aphmau!!" she giggles while hugging me, I hiss "That was sudden!!" I notice her hair "Did you get a haircut??" she says "Only 2 cm shorter." her hair was until at her waist. Without knowing, I play with her hair "You like my hair?" I shake my head "Sorry, it reminds me when I played with mom's hair." I still play with her hair "Do you know how to put bows?" I say "I can try." she has a box full of bows "Put as many as you can." I look for all the purple ones and tie them all in her black hair. At finale she looks like a 15 years old teenager... I am in trouble "I think I put too many bows on you." she looks in the mirror "Aw, I look like a 15 years old again!" I sigh of relief "I grew old, so I could not wear them again... until now" she gets out of the room jumping "That was... I don't know what to say... oh my lord..."

*few hours later*
"Aaron, what do you say when a guest asks you for a glass of wine?" I say "Of course sir or ma'am and I serve them. I then say 'Here you go'" he says "Very good. What do you do when they fight or argue?" I say "I would stop them in a calm tone." he smiles "You seriously know how to act like a king." I bow in front of Garte "I know my son Garroth is a vampire, but he told me he'll take throne when my time will pass." I say "I was wondering Garte. Did Vylad got brown hair from his grandparents??" he says "Zianna's dad had brown hair, so he got brown hair from him." I look at a portrait "Oh, you noticed it? It is a very special portrait." I walk closer to see it. I see a 30 years old man holding a purple sword and wearing an outfit of a hunter "Dad...?" Garte smiles "He was a brave man. You look like him." I look at the portrait next to it "Is that... mom?" he says "In her favorite dress." Melissa got the beauty from her, she is as kind as mom "Aaron? Are you ok?" I spaced out "S-Sorry" he says "I know this kind of stuff doesn't suit you. This stuff with vampire might have been a surprise for you and your sister, but I promise you, everything will be fine." I just keep quiet "I think you are ready to be a king." I say "Thank you Garte" I hug him for a few seconds, then go for a rest. I walk upstairs "Little brother?" I turn around "Oh, Melissa, I didn't see you." she says "Are you ok? You look a bit tired." I say "I only need rest." I get into my bedroom and fall on my bed...

*in the dream*
I am in a white room, there is nothing but only white... I wonder if the angel is going to appear again "Aaron..." that voice... "Mom...?" mother appears, she is wearing a white and yellow dress, a halo on top if her head "Mom!!!" I run towards her "My baby" I can't believe she is right in front of me "Is this real? A dream?" she says "It's real, I wanted to see you again. I visited Melissa two nights ago." I ask "How did you die??" she says "I know this was a shock, but I only can tell you that I was poisoned, your father was killed by the guy that poisoned me." my eyes widen "What? How? Is this person even a human?" I can't believe this "He is not. Please my son, be careful, take care of yourself, I know you can defeat the evil..." I get a last kiss on the head before she slowly disappears "Mom wait!! Don't leave!!"

*back to reality*
"Aaron! Aaron! Wake up!!" I'm shaken by Aphmau "I'm awake!" I take a deep breath and calm myself "You talked in your sleep. Did you have a bad dream or a weird vision?" I look at her "Mom was in my dream..." I continue "She... she told me she was... poisoned..." Aph gasps "The same guy who killed her... also killed my father..." she says "I will tell Balto." I ask "Why him??" she says "I will tell him after I tell the brothers and I will tell Lucinda after I tell him." she is gone "If Balto finds out, I'll have to get armor, because he'll rage badly."