Chapter Fourteen

Aaron POV:
"Where did I get myself into?" "Alright, first step to become a father. You need to check all the places where you go to see if it is safe for the baby." I say "We are in a forest. It's safe if we carry the baby." he says "You can't carry him or her all the time. He/She needs to walk on the grass, to breath the fresh air, to feel the freedom." I ask "Isn't that for a werewolf pup?" I grin as his face goes pale for not noticing "Vampire babies can do that too." I chuckle "Step 2: you see an animal coming, what do you do about it?" I say "Scare it away" he asks "What if it doesn't work??" I say "Grab the baby and run." he smiles "Correct" Balto chuckles "Step 3: you don't have food, your baby is very hungry... what will you do??" I say "I would look for a bush of forest fruits... but first I would check if they are poisonous." he claps "You are good" I say "Balto, you really brought me here to learn about being a father?" he sighs "No... I just wanted to catch up with you. The forest... was our place of hang out... being a king is not easy you know?" I stay quiet "You and me always met up everyday... but after you moved away, we barely saw each other." I look down "I'm so sorry. I was about to come for a visit... but it slipped my mind as I saw people carry a coffin and inside it was my father." I continue "I had to take his role as man of the house. After mom died, Melissa took her role. We were way too busy... for anything. I appreciate you brought me here." I offer a hand "I know about our secret place." he takes it "Let's go!" we use our speed to find the old cabin we made when we were little. After 10 minutes of searching, we find it "Look at it." the cabin looks like it's about to collapse "It really got old." I ask "What if we repair it??" he says "I don't think so. One wrong move and it's over. We need to redecorate it." I smile "I think I have an idea." we look at each other.

*3 hours later*
"There you are boys!!" Aph and Maria found us "What are you doing?" Balto says "We are repairing our old cabin!" he continues "Maybe our kids will use it too." I start painting a wall in brown "So this is the cabin you told me about before." he says "We need to be very... very careful. One wrong move and it'll die." I roll my eyes at his dramatic act "When was the last time you used it?" I say "I think... 15 years ago." Aph gets closer to me, then she hugs me "If you don't wanna stain your dress, walk to that tree." she says "I don't care" I just keep painting "You'll be parents, don't you think you should marry before it happens?" I shrug "I don't know. I am not ready to be a king. I need time." he says "Understandable. Take as long as you need." I take a deep breath "Maria dear, how is it to be a queen??" Maria says "Hard, but I handle it. You dear... you look like Sylvana." I take a look at Aph. Maria is right, she looks like her, except her eyes are caramel, Sylvana's were brown "Do my eyes make you be in a mood for caramel candies~?" my face turns red "Haha! Aph is better at flirting!" I growl at him "Michi is very bad at flirting." I chuckle "That purple haired meif'wa? Did she flirt with you Aaron?" I say "Yeah, but I was not into her." he jokes "Who would?" we laugh "She is just sad that she broke up with Laurance." I ask "They were dating??" Aph says "Yeah. They were the perfect couple... until Laur did flirt with me." that sounds like Laurance "Let's finish the cabin before we get back." I agree.

*1 hour later*
"Wow!! You guys made the cabin look awesome!!" I wipe the sweat from my forehead "It was worth it." suddenly, I get dizzy "Aaron?" I groan "Not again" Balto holds me "What's going on?" my eyes look in all of the directions while they turn red "Blood..." I can't control myself "Aphmau go!!" Balto holds me on the ground "Aaron, don't lose your control!" my fangs come out "AARON" I collapse, my sight is blurry "Aaron..." Balto takes off his coat and covers me "I'm here" I breath slowly "Maria, did you bring anything to eat??" she looks through her bag "I got some apples" I close my eyes as Balto feeds me with it "You are still new at being a vampire... you're not used to feed on blood from time to time." I take another bite "I got your back. We got your back." I finish the apple "I got the blood!" Aph holds my chin and helps me drink it. I smile as I see clearly now "Feeling better?" I nod "Let's go" Balto helps me walk, i'm still a bit dizzy. We get back in twenty minutes "Let's get you to the bed. You girls can talk about pregnancy stuff." I nod at Aph to show her i'm fine. Balto gets me on the bed "Jeez... who knew? Who knew things would be this way?" I say "Only Irene, she's a Godness." we chuckle "Balto, how did you feel when you became king?" he is silent for one moment "To be honest, I was about to cry, but I did hold back my tears. The only person... who was always next to me after their death was Maria. After our marriage, I got worried that if she becomes queen, she'll change, but she didn't. You don't want to become king because you are afraid of chaging??" I sigh "That and too much power is not for me." he says "I understand. Look, I know you, king or not, you are Aaron Lycan, the brave and loyal guy all the world knows about. No matter what... you will still be the same." I ask "How can I thank you...?" he says "You as my best friend, brother in spirit is enough for me." he pats my back "I'll stay here so no one will appear and steal you." I laugh at his joke, then I close my tired eyes and sleep while Balto stays in my bedroom to protexr me "He might fall asleep too. At least I got a couch here."