Tonight

Tonight, I'll sleep on the couch, I don't know how many more nights this will happen. 
I don't know what words to say to you, and it's not because I'm sick or mad or sad.

Tonight, I'll sleep on the couch, who's to say that tonight is the last.
I'm not hurt, I'm just scared, I don't want you to hurt yourself again.

Tonight, I'll sleep on the couch, you'll start to notice soon, you ask if I'm okay.
Honestly, I am okay, but I still find comfort in being without you for now.

Tonight, I'll sleep on the couch, and tonight, I cry.
I miss you, and I wish you could see that I am so scared, but I'm silent.

Tonight, I'll sleep on the couch, and tonight, you're mad.
You say that I don't love you anymore, I'm silent.

Tonight, I'll sleep on the couch. Tonight, you don't say a word.
By now, we're used to this.

Tonight, I'll sleep on the couch. Tonight, you break.
You scream in my face, you beg me for a reason. I'm silent.

Tonight, I'll sleep on the couch, tonight, you drink.
You tell me you're sorry and you tell me you miss me, but you still ask why.

Tonight, I'll sleep on the couch. Tonight, you say nothing.
I don't think you remember what you said last night.

Tonight, I'll sleep on the couch, tonight there is another woman in your bed.
You come out in the middle of the night and fiddle with my pillow. I wonder why.

Tonight, I'll sleep on the couch, tonight, I am confused.
Why you didn't speak when you saw me last night, but just fiddled with the pillow.

Tonight, I'll sleep on the couch, you take my pillow and hold it while you sob.
I wonder why, and you fiddle with the case and whisper, "Where did you go?" I'm silent.

Tonight, I'll sleep on the couch, you come out, but not crying.
You lean down, I stroke your cheek, you say "I need to let go." I'm silent.

That night, I slept on the couch, a stupid fight, a yelling match.
You came to apologize I did not wake up.

Tonight, I'll sleep on the couch, selfishly I cannot leave after all this time
You ask my pillow, why. I cry. I'm silent.