『 twenty nine: HIS FOR NOW, NOT HIS FOREVER. 』

『 chapter xxix: HIS FOR NOW, NOT HIS FOREVER

chapter xxix: HIS FOR NOW, NOT HIS FOREVER. 』

THE BEACH WAS BEAUTIFUL AT SUNDOWN

THE BEACH WAS BEAUTIFUL AT SUNDOWN. IT had that fading warmth mixed with the chilly air that came from what part of the country they lived in. June couldn't take her eyes off of it, nature had only seemed all the more ethereal to her since her powers came. She didn't just see pretty trees and a nice beach, she saw the life of the trees and if she concentrated really hard, she could almost hear the whistle the pines made as the wind blew through them. Each wave had its own tune and every splash on the shore brought life to the dry sand that had millions of eroded rock from the sea beyond. June felt like some college student she hears at Sully's talking about save the planet but June had never been more sure of her love for the big green earth than when she was standing on it, looking at the waves crash on shore and the sun set — everything looking almost as beautiful as the way that the boy, young man, next to her was staring at her.

"It's beautiful," June murmurs, sure he can hear her.

Jacob nods, he stuffs his hands in his jeans. "Sam says you're almost completely in-tune with nature because of what you are." He tells her.

"Because of what I am ..." June hums, shutting her eyes for a moment. "And what are in tune with, wolfman?" She turns to him, her emotions calm for the first time in a while.

"Myself." Jacob responds. He furrows his brows. "Our culture, my purpose ... a few lucky members of the tribe have the gene. Bloodsucker comes to town, fever sets in."

"The gene," June repeats. She turns to him as her mind thinks it over. "Ephraim Black, Levi Uley, Quil Ateara II ... they were the ones from the story, the ones who made the treaty with the Cullen's."

"Unfortunately." Jacob responds tightly.

"I really thought you were sick ..." June tries to ease the tension at the mention of Bella's ex's family

Jacob shakes his head, letting out a ironic laugh. "I wish." Then more seriously he says, "There's no exact age for it and it just builds and builds. Sometimes if we're angry or agitated or too emotional, it can trigger right then and there." He picks up a seashell he sees on the ground and examines it. "That's why it took a while for me; I had nothing to be angry or agitated about, I was perfectly happy." His eyes meet hers, he hands her the seashell with a pink tinge to his face. "Mostly because of you. No, it was all because of you."