Chapter eleven: Crashing and burning *Edited*

Lucas,1985,Huntsville,Alabama

After what happened with Micheal, he's been treating us like crap. Not to our faces though, he whispers to his friends who smirk at us. It's putting Caleb on edge, who's been trying extra hard to get Michael to like us again. The only reason I agree with Caleb on this is that I'm scared of what Michael could do to us. We didn't even get a break from Michael, and his goons over the summer since Caleb's dad forced him to sign up for football summer training. Of course, I had immediately agreed when he asked me to join, always wanting to please him. Today is Sunday, so Caleb is at church, I didn't feel like going so I faked sick. I'm just not in the mood to listen to his father preach a bunch of bullshit about how being gay is wrong. Especially with only a week left of summer.

I sit in my room until I hear a knock on the front door, I look at the clock in my room and see it's only ten o'clock. Confused, I make my way out of my room and up to the front door. When I open the door I'm surprised to Greg standing there, looking like the life had been sucked out of him.

" Hey Greg, what are you doing here?" I ask curiously.

He doesn't say anything, just stands there looking utterly devastated.

" Are you okay?" I ask worriedly.

He still doesn't say anything but this time he pushes me inside. He then proceeds to slam the door shut rather harshly, this is when I notice his hands are clenched, his fingernails digging into his hands.

" Greg, what happened to you?" I ask now scared.

" It's has nothing to do with me." He whispers, and this time when he looks at me, I see it. He has pity in eyes, and it's directed at me.

" What's going?" I ask my voice shaking.

" Well, you know how Jessica broke up with me last week?" He asks fidgeting.

" Yeah, what about it?" I ask, not liking where this is going.

" Well, Caleb asked her out at church today." He whispers this so softly, I almost don't hear him. As the words register in my brain, I feel my heart plummet slowly at first. Then my heart explodes into a million pieces. I clutch my hand to where my heart is like my hand will be able to catch the pieces. No, there are so many pieces, I might never be able to fully mend my heart.

" He is..." I trail off as I feel tears start to fall, I fall along with them.

Before I hit the ground, I feel a pair of arms catch me, and for once it's not the arms of the boy I love. For once, I fall apart in front of someone else. Greg doesn't make feel as good as Caleb, but at least he didn't stab me in the heart.

" I'm so sorry, I know how much you love him." Greg whispers, rubbing soothing circles on my back.

" I wish I didn't, love is a piss head!" I sob clutching Greg harder.

" Don't I know it." He whispers, pulling back. His lips quirk into a sad smile, as he looks at me with a strange look in his eyes.

" The thing is I'm so mad at him, that I want to hate him but..." I trail off sobbing once again.

" But you can't?" He asks softly.

" Yeah, I just keep forgiving him," I say trying to force myself to stop crying.

" Well, maybe this time you'll be stronger." He says trying to reassure me.

" Yeah right." I snort, already knowing that I'll end up forgiving him, like always.

" Oh come on, don't doubt yourself like that." He whispers, rubbing the tears away that are running down my cheek.

" No it's true, I'm a weak little nothing," I mutter bitterly.